Chapter 14 - Kino

Trigger Warning

I did not expect this day to go like this. I have never had a reason to be angry at my daughter and I'm having to use restraint not to punish her or use my belt. I have to keep reminding myself that she is twenty-eight and not six years old.

"You have to see it from her point of view."

We are back at the manor and she basically put herself on time out, she has been locked inside of her room refusing to talk to anyone. At least it's not like when he asked her for a divorce. Even so, I think that would be easier to deal with. I look over my shoulder at Chantay. She's sitting on my back giving me a massage.

"There is no point of view where she should have lost her cool in front of that group. It made her look weak, like she's not capable of holding the position. She definitely should not have done it in front of Kale. You know he wants that spot for Kade."

This is going to make the family question her mental health. They are going to think she's too emotional. Kale has already been trying to convince everyone that she was not raised to be Donna.

It's true, but it's rightfully her position. Kade has been groomed to be Don since we realized that neither of us would be having anymore children. Rylo would have been our pick, with Kade as his right hand but he refused. Lela wants a regular family life as possible.

"You know that she is going to willingly relinquish the spot at the end of the year anyway. It shouldn't be a problem."

She wants to use her position to 'make things right.' She didn't take over with intent to remain as a fucking mafia leader.

"That's where you are wrong. They can overthrow Keli's decision within a matter of days if they deem it necessary. If they don't and word gets out about her meltdown, other mafias are going to try to take over. Then there is the fact that now everyone knows her affiliation to us and are aware that she is part of the business, they can go after her even when she steps down."

She stops rubbing my back and starts talking.

"She needs closure. She can't move on because she has never gotten the proper closure from him or justice for Roman's death. People have to understand that."

"It's not that simple. Half of the family doesn't even understand why she is struggling after so many years. I can't witness it again."

A month after Roman's service, she tried to overdose. She said she was only trying to dull the ache in her chest but I walked into her room to see her in the bed sleeping. Because I'm that parent who is annoying as fuck, I went to kiss her and noticed her breathing irregular. I checked for a pulse and it was weak. If we didn't have an in-house doctor, she would have died.

No one knows about it because it happened at the house. Now I have a camera installed in her room and Chantay, Claudia or Denise monitor it throughout the day when she's in the room. I don't need to see anything a father does not have to see.

"She's fine. I checked on her before I came to you. She was pissed as hell but fine. I think she was cutting up his pictures."

She still had all of their photo albums. I don't think he even realized that he does not have any photos. Goes to show that he never really cared for her. At least not how he presented.

You have to allow your children to grow up and make their own choices but I wish that I can rewind the hands of time and have my little girl back. I wouldn't mind her being ten for the rest of her life.

"I'm still going to punish her for being disrespectful. None of the others get away with it, and she will not either. She can't hide in there forever."