Your Scared Of The Dark

"Hey babe can you do me a favor?" Harry said while raking his long fingers through his hair. There was a small gleam in his eye that made you believe he was up to no good but you shrugged the idea off and asked him what he wanted.

"Sure," you said falling right into his trap just like he wanted you to. Harry pretended to rub his chin in hopes to conceal the growing smirk on his face.

"Can you please go in the basement and check to see if the furnace is working?" Harry's eyes softened so he would hopefully convince you to go downstairs and do what he had asked you to do. 

"You owe me big time," you said before heading down the steps in the basement. The opened door provided all of the light in the dark and cold basement and soon the light disappeared. The room was dark and your nerves immediately began to kick in. "Harry! Harry!" You called loudly. Being in the dark was one of your biggest fears and your most hidden fear as well. 

Harry laughed on the other side of the door while you frantically tried to open it. He had assumed you didn't like the thought of being alone in the basement, but in reality you could care less about the basement. What you did care about however was being locked in a dark room. 

"Harry this isn't funny open the door!" You said nervously. He laughed lightly but soon realized that you were scared beyond belief and he opened the door. 

The light filled the darkened basement once again and your breathing began to return to normal. You quickly got out of the room and headed into the living room; the living room with lights.

"Are you alright?" Harry said softly. You could tell by the look in his eyes that he felt horrible for what he did to you. As upset as you were by his actions, it wasn't his fault. You never told him about your fear of the dark and he didn't do it to be cruel.

"Yeah I'm fine," you replied as you sat down on the couch. Harry wrapped his arms around you and pulled you close against him. "I've just had this fear of the dark for as long as I remember and when you closed the door it got really dark down there." 

Harry pressed a kiss to your temple and apologized perhaps ten million times. After each apology you told him it wasn't his fault and that it was okay but he continued to apologize until you kissed him to shut him up.