Christmas

Christmas was always an elaborate affair in your household when you were growing up. Each year went the same without a hitch. At a young age, you would disperse from your bedrooms in fits of excitement when your little body could no longer contain the anticipation it'd been storing since Christmas Eve.

The pitter patter of tiny feet running across hardwood floors echoed, along with your laughter, throughout the house, all the while hoping that Santa brought you exactly what you'd wished for. But as you both grew older and your belief in jolly old St. Nicholas diminished, the traditions never faltered.

The focus went from the presents that waited under the tree to the elaborate dinner that awaited once the sun set, when the dining room table would be adorned with delicious food and seated by your dearest family and friends. For as long as you could remember, it'd always been like this.

But this year was different. Instead of helping out here and there on Christmas Eve with your parent, you were miles and miles away from home in W. Mandeville Bakery in Cheshire, England. With your hands shoved into the pockets of your dress, you lazily walked down the aisles, your eyes dragging along the various things that graced the shelves.

Slowly and purposely, you inhaled the air which was filled with nutmeg, cinnamon and an array of fresh baked goods. In the distance, Christmas music played on a continuous loop and fire crackled in the fireplace you had yet to discover in the little shop.

There was something so simple, so beautiful about it all. With a small smile on your face, you made your way over to the register where Harry was standing. From behind, you wrapped yours arms around him and rested your head on his back. Without a doubt you missed your family back home, but you couldn't have been happier to be in Harry's hometown for the holidays.

"Hey you, I got the cookies. Are you ready?" You didn't need to see his face to know that he was smiling.

Without saying a word, you nodded and moved to his side with one arm still wrapped around him.

Instinctively, he let his free arm hang across your shoulder and planted a kiss on top of your head while his other hand held the box.

"You two have yourself a Merry Christmas." The older woman with graying hair said from behind the counter with a smile.

It was funny to think that she knew Harry, before he was the Harry Styles from One Direction who millions of people knows and adores. Back when he was just a boy who worked in the bakery, and was in a little band he'd started with his friends.

In unison, you two wished her the same. You pushed open the front door, which caused a small bell to chime. Immediately, you were greeted with the cold, crisp air that Chapel Holmes' winter had to offer, causing you to pull your coat tighter around yourself.

The moon held its place in the sky and the light snowfall from earlier in the day had ended, though the fresh snow that stuck to the ground claimed otherwise. Despite the freezing temperatures, it was so incredibly gorgeous.

"This place deserves to be on a Hallmark card." You chuckled lightly, your breath materializing in front of you.

"Like seriously, it's so beautiful. I'm glad you brought me here."

Lovingly, Harry rubbed your arm. "Good, I'm glad you're here."

Upon venturing through the town earlier that day, you tried to imagine what it was like for him to grow up here.

Every place you passed, you mentally placed a little Harry there, for example, going sledding with the kids in the neighborhood, or even running errands for his mom such as picking up cookies from the little store like the two of you did just that night.

The idea made you smile, because after all, the small town was the humble beginnings of the man you'd come to love.

The two of you walked up to Harry's car which was parked along the street. You were just about to get in when he stopped you.

You looked at him, your brows furrowing in confusion. He sat the box of cookies on top of the car and reached into his coat pocket, pulling out a piece of mistletoe.

You stared at him, amusement clearly etched across your face. In return, he smiled hopefully at you.

"Come here." You wrapped your arms around his neck and brought him in close.

He snaked one hand around your lower back.

"I love you," You whispered, your lips hovering over his. Before he had the chance to respond, you were kissing him, to which he eagerly responded.

"What do you suppose'll happen if I placed a bunch of these on a bed?" He spoke between kisses.

You couldn't help but break the kiss by throwing your head back and laughing.

You brought your arms down and patted his chest.

"I'm pretty sure that's not how it works, but I'll gladly test out your theory." You pressed one last kiss to Harry's lips before grabbing the box of cookies from atop the vehicle.

He opened the door for you with his little, signature grin on his face. You sat down, pressing the warm box to you as Harry entered the driver's side.

You were almost positive he sped all the way home.