Another Man Hits You

When you and Harry got together, it wasn't just some random coincidence. The two of you had actually been friends for years and over those years, the feelings between you and him just became easier to see that they could no longer be ignored. You had been dating another man at the time and he was trouble. The mental and physical pain he caused you was too much for Harry to watch so he got you out of that situation and from that moment on, the two of you had become inseparable. One evening, the two of you were having a simple, but romantic dinner when the doorbell rang. You sighed and went to answer it but when the door opened, the fear you thought was gone all came rushing back. "What are you doing here?" you stuttered, trying to keep a calm composure. "I want you back (Y/N)," your ex scowled, a strong look of lust flickering in his eyes. "No, we broke up and for a good reason. I'm not coming back and you're leaving. I never want to see you again." You went to try and close the door, but he caught it in time and let out a dark chuckle. "No, you don't understand... you don't have a choice." He raised his hand and everything happened in slow motion. It flew down and pain radiated through your cheek. You whimpered and slunk back as he towered over you. "Harry," you cried out, terrified of what would happen. "What- Hey! What the hell are you doing here?" he boomed, storming up to your ex. Your ex gave him a smile and Harry turned his head to look at you, noticing your bruised and swelling cheek. "You didn't..." he growled, turning his attention back to the monster that stood in front of him. "You wanna bet?" You could tell Harry was trying his hardest to keep cool, but that cover was crumbling. His fists curled into balls and his face began to turn red. "Get out," he said through clenched teeth. "GET OUT!" Harry shouted when your ex didn't move. The look on Harry's face was enough to scare the cowardly man away and once he was gone, Harry's whole demeanor changed. It went from tough guy to loving boyfriend in three seconds flat. "Babe?" he asked, approaching your shrivelled figure on the floor. He dropped to his knees and the look of fear on your face was enough to bring a tear to his eye. "I'm sorry I couldn't protect you," he sniffed, carefully wrapping his arms around you, fearing you'd wince away from him. But you didn't. You wrapped your arms around him and cried into his shoulder. "Don't blame yourself. It wasn't your fault." "But..." "No but's Harry. It's okay. I'm okay, you're okay," you said, trying to calm down your boyfriend. "I swear right here and now (Y/N), no man including me will ever hurt you. I love you too much." You smiled at his words, truly touching your heart. "I love you Harry." "We should go put some ice on this," he whispered, stroking the purple and green mark on your face. He gave you his hand to help you stand up and then took you to the kitchen where he made sure you were okay. He was your saviour and as long as you had him, you were protected and loved.