Vocal Rest

Harry's P.O.V.

"Use your words Y/N I can't understand this," I said sarcastically as I flailed my arms around to mock Y/N's attempts at speaking. She rolled her eyes and flipped me off. I laughed at her lady-like gesture and continued to tease her for being on vocal rest.

I headed into the kitchen and pulled out a dry erase board and a marker, the same one that we use to leave each other notes when one of us goes out and needs to remind the other to do something. She grabbed the board from my hand and began to scribble violently onto it.

She nearly wrote a novel trying to get out what she had to say, or in this case write.

Once she finished, she handed me the board and it read:

Can you please stop being a jerk for ten minutes and please get me a cup of tea? Pretty please with honey on top! 

I laughed at her witty remark and play on words. She looked at me with a pouty face and I shrugged. "Say please." I tormented and she slapped my arm jokingly. "Alright alright." 

I once again went into the kitchen so I could put on the water for tea. I headed back into the living room while the water was heating up and I looked at her. She sat silent on the couch, unwillingly of course, with a blanket draped around her body. 

I could tell by the look in her eyes she hated being on vocal rest and she was bored out of her mind. The whistle of the tea kettle filled the room and I got up to pour her a cup.

I filled it to the brim and added honey, like she insinuated and I carefully headed back to the room to give it to her.

I made my way back to the couch and sat next to her. The room was silent and Y/N sipped on her tea every so often. After a long pause I said, "Do you want to play charades?"

Without hesitation she nodded. "You go first." I said and she nodded again in agreement.

She held up one finger and I said, "One word?" She nodded. She then began to flap her arms like an idiot and I burst out laughing.

"Bird?" She shook her head no. "An eagle?" Again she shook her head. "Flying?" I finally came up with and she nodded her head yes.

"That was the saddest impression in the world." I joked and she rolled her eyes for the millionth time.

Poor acting was apparently the subject of the night because the two of us couldn't act for shit. We decided to call it quits after 3 rounds and watch Netflix instead, possibly the best decision we made all night.