chapter 103

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

But she slowly wrapped them around his neck while still staring at him.

He carried her out of the living room and into the bedroom. Elsa stared at his handsome side profile, feeling her butterflies coming back again.

She didn't say anything to him. What would she even say?

He walked with her to the door of the bathroom, then put her down.

When Elsa was on her feet, he whispered in her ear, “You have 30 minutes to get ready. We'll have breakfast at the office.”

He then kissed her cheek gently, breathed in as if inhaling her scent, before tracing his lips to her mouth and capturing her lips. After a few seconds of him obsessively kissing her lips, he let go.

He held both her cheeks and made their foreheads touch. He breathed in deeply before letting her go and walking away, leaving Elsa in a deep trance with her eyes still closed.

With a new suit sent to the apartment, Jeremy was ready for his day at the office. He worked, even on the weekend.

Elsa did not know how she agreed to it, but she was now his secretary for the day.

She asked Jeremy if it was okay for her to wear a jumpsuit instead of a two-piece suit for women, because, well, she didn't own any of them.

Jeremy said he was okay with it.

She wore a black jumpsuit and put on some light makeup, not too much for the office, just enough to look professional.

She blow-dried her hair and let it fall down her shoulders, tucking the right side behind her ear.

She had her angel necklace with her and she stared at it in the mirror, remembering her mother and sister. She still hadn't made any progress in finding out who took their lives and made them pay the price, but she really wished she could already.

She wanted her sister to rest in peace and to spread her ashes into the April sea, just like she promised.

She took her purse and went to find Jeremy. He was talking on the phone while looking out the living room window. He sensed Elsa behind him and turned to look at her, his eyes lighting up immediately. “Have them ready by Friday,” he said while staring at her.

Elsa smiled and whispered, “I’m ready.”

He understood by reading her lips.

“Make sure there are no cutbacks,” he added, and with that, he hung up.

Jeremy stared at Elsa a little longer before saying, “We should leave. The meeting starts in an hour.”

Elsa nodded.

He led the way and she followed behind him. The car ride home was quiet, but not as scary as before. Her head kept replaying when he told her, ‘You make me sick, you disgust me,’ when she was seated in this seat.

Had she just forgiven that? He didn't even say he was sorry. She had just forgotten everything because she had a feeling in her heart for him?

She pushed those thoughts away. She didn't want to remember them.

God I love this girl...