can't change

In the original book of part 1 of this story, I made an author's note saying that my story will have 500  to 600 words and I will not change that till the end of the book

I have a problem. Once I set a tone, that's it. If I change it, I will throw myself off and my updates will turn from daily to once a month.

The reason why I made it 500> 600 words was so that I can update daily and frequently. When an idea of the next chapter hits me, that's it. I just get it going and write and update immediately therefore giving you multiple chapters in one day. Like today for example... I posted, I think, 11 chapters.

I cannot change that, so sorry. My mind set that tone and it's used to it. The moment I turn away from that and make the chapters longer, I will turn myself off from writing.

Something I have confirmed myself. I tried with a different book in another app once. I wrote 1000 words per chapter and I went with 2k because around 7 people asked to make the chapters longer... I haven't updated the book in three months!!!😬 Despite people liking the book.

I cannot get myself to write it. I turned myself off the moment I got myself out of my chapter routine.

I may be the only writer with that problem where they have to set a number of words and cannot remove themselves from it.

And I did ask people and they said 500 words was the least set when making chapters so I should use that so I can write daily. And I liked that because well, I have other things going on and this book, it is a long one. Even if I make the chapters longer, it is a long ass book.

That is why in chapter one I made sure to tell everyone the chapters will have specific number of words. It could be 4 pages or 5 depending on what you are reading from but  I cannot change that. If you didn't see that before I hope you know now.

So sorry.

And if I change it, the book will never be finished.

I also like short chapters so... What can I say, I am loving reading my own book when I am editing it.