chapter 109

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

If that were true, were her mother and sister looking down and watching over her right now?

If they were, could they tell her what to do?

Especially what to do with these feelings that were brewing inside her for the man in her arms?

Jeremy had ordered his secretary, Katherine, to bring them breakfast in the office.

It was something simple: bagels and coffee.

After that, Jeremy took her out of the office. He held her hand as they left the building. While they got into the car, Elsa noticed Bruno standing outside the building, talking to someone.

The moment their eyes met, his eyes turned cold. It was almost as if he was telling her he was watching her. Elsa immediately looked away and tried not to let it bother her.

“Where is your mom?” Jeremy asked so that he would know where to take her.

“At the cemetery,” Elsa said quietly.

Jeremy’s heart clenched suddenly when he heard that. He turned to look at her and didn't know what to say.

Gwen had never told her that her mom had died. She had never even mentioned her before. Actually, she had never said anything about her life.

She kept her family and her affairs as private as possible. She hid her background from everyone. The only person he ever knew was Alexandria, and Jeremy and her did not like each other.

“Okay,”  was all he could come up with.

Elsa asked if they could stop at a flower shop first. She bought some baby's breath flowers and got some candles too.

Elsa had made it a habit to visit her mother every two weeks. Jeremy drove her to the cemetery and opened the car door for her.

Elsa led the way and he followed quietly behind her. She passed by several gravestones before she stopped in front of one.

Jeremy stood behind her and read what was inscribed on the stone: JENNA HALVERSON.

There was the day she was born and the day she passed away. And then the words, ‘It's the truest love of something divine, my arms open wide to embrace what's mine.’ He did not know what that meant, but they were beautiful words.

Elsa removed the dried-out flowers and put the fresh ones. She lit the candles on the stone, placing them around the stone with the flowers in the middle. They were both her and her mother's favorite flowers.

After, she gently touched the gravestone.

“Hi mom. Here I am to see you again. Like I promised, I will always do so every two weeks. I have come here so many times before, I have told you so many things, and asked you for guidance on so many issues I had. I have come for such visits before, but this visit will be different. For I didn't come to vent out an emotion today... I only came to say, I love you, mom.”

Elsa went quiet after that, and that was when Jeremy noticed she was crying.