chapter 198

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Elsa was seated in the interrogation room with Amanda, Lui, and two police officers.

Amanda sat tearfully at one side, waiting for justice and for Elsa to be charged and put in jail. Elsa told her side of the story, providing every detail of what happened. She was nervous the whole time because she didn't want to be charged with kidnapping.

She didn't know if they believed her, but she hoped they did. Yuliana was in the next room with an officer who was looking after her and asking her what happened. The officer was friendly and nice in order to encourage the child to talk.

The police officers asked questions to both Elsa and Amanda. When they were done, Lui asked if he could question Amanda. The confident Amanda agreed.

"Amanda, a quick question... What time did you realize your niece was missing?" Lui asked, leaning in a little with his elbows on the table.

"Immediately after I came back with her ice cream, which was about 10 am in the morning," she said, her crying intensifying. "And at what time did you leave the park?" Lui asked again.

"I didn't leave the park until nightfall. I searched everywhere for the child. I kept searching even after everyone left. I even searched in the rain that fell in that area at that time. But... my niece was nowhere to be found."

After she said that, Amanda raised the volume of her sobbing. Then, she wiped away her tears softly. She had cried bitterly, putting on a pitiful performance for the police officers to show her pain, fear, and anxiety.

Lui raised his eyebrow and looked at her with interest. "And you never left the park the entire time?"

Amanda looked at him, wondering where this was going. "No, I didn't. I was there until nightfall. I searched for my niece the entire time and never left the park."

"You never left the park at all? Are you sure about that, Miss Torres?"

Amanda felt a little annoyed. "Yes, I am. Why are you asking me that question? And how is that even relevant to anything that is going on?"

Lui smirked. ‘I've got you where I want you. Prepare to eat your own words.’

Lui turned on his tablet and pushed it forward to the police officers seated opposite him and Elsa, showing them what was on the screen. "Because I need Miss Torres to explain to me and the police officers why my CCTV gate camera caught her following Elsa and my driver home yesterday afternoon," he said, looking at Amanda.

"You were caught on my security camera at 3:34 pm. That was the exact time Elsa came to my house with Yuliana in her arms. Clearly, officers, as you can see, my camera captured her. She is there, seated in her car with binoculars, watching Elsa and Yuliana inside my compound," he said to the police officers. He then turned to Amanda again. "You followed Elsa and Yuliana from the park all the way to my house yesterday and didn't think once to approach Elsa and take your precious niece away from her? Instead, you left only to come back with the police the next day. Why?" he asked in an annoyed tone.