chapter 126

👼MY ANGEL 👼

👼MY ANGEL 👼

“What are you talking about?” Elsa asked.

“You bumped into me so you could have a chance to steal my bracelet. I was wearing it just now, but now it's gone! You took it, didn’t you? Give it back, you thief!” she accused.

She made sure to be as loud as possible to get everyone's attention, and everyone turned around to see what was going on.

“I didn’t steal your bracelet!” Elsa defended herself.  “This is a misunderstanding. I have never taken anything that didn’t belong to me in my entire life.”

“Yes, you did! That’s why you bumped into me!” the woman confidently replied.

“That is not true!” Elsa argued.

Victoria suddenly jumped in the middle of both of them. “What is going on here, Miss Smith? Gwen, what is happening?” she asked.

Elsa didn't like that she kept calling her Gwen. It was obviously on purpose.

Miss Smith looked at Victoria and pointed her finger at Elsa. “You know this girl?” she asked.

“Yes, she and I are good friends,” Victoria said, standing next to Elsa as if to show she was on Elsa's side in this conflict.

“Miss McConnell, you are friends with thieves?” Miss Smith questioned.

“Thieves? What are you talking about? Did Gwen steal something from you?” Victoria asked, disbelief in her voice.

“Yes, she stole my bracelet,” the woman answered.

Victoria turned to Elsa with shock in her eyes. “Gwen, didn't we talk about this? Didn't we agree that you would never steal anything from anyone anymore? I even took you to therapy to help with your light finger habits. Why would you steal her bracelet, Gwen? If you wanted one, you could have told me. I would have bought it for you, you know that. You promised to never steal again, and I honestly thought you had changed. I am so disappointed in you,” Victoria sighed and shook her head.

Elsa's eyes widened. What was going on?

Victoria did not say those things to defend Elsa. She said them to make people believe more that Elsa stole the bracelet. Those words were meant to make things worse. Saying she was a thief before was meant to make everyone believe she steals.

Elsa decided to ignore Victoria and turned to Miss Smith. “I didn't steal your bracelet. I swear!”

Miss Smith still didn't believe her. She was sure Elsa was the thief. “If you didn't steal it, then you don't mind us searching your pockets for it, do you?”

Elsa knew her conscience was clear, so she had no problem with them searching her. “Go ahead,” she said. After all, that would prove her innocence.

Victoria volunteered to be the one to search her. She walked up to Elsa and put her hands in the pockets of her gown.

“Miss Smith, I am very sure this is all a misunderstanding. Yes, Gwen was light-fingered before, but she has changed now. I can almost swear that there won't be anything in her...” Victoria didn't finish her sentence because she suddenly gasped as she pulled something from Elsa's pocket.

The bracelet.

“Oh my goodness! Gwen! You actually stole her bracelet?!” Victoria exclaimed as she looked at it.