chapter 190

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

"You like that one?" Elsa heard Jeremy say.

"Yeah, let's have a closer look."

Next thing she knew, Jeremy and Victoria were standing next to her.

When Jeremy saw her, he was surprised.

"Gwen, what are you doing here?" he asked.

When he saw she was holding hands with the man next to her, his eyes darkened.

"Gwen, I never expected to find you here," Victoria said as she held Jeremy's arm intimately.

She smiled innocently at Elsa while mocking her at the same time because she was with Jeremy.

When Elsa saw that, she immediately looked away. "Should I have told you I'm coming here so you can frame me for stealing?" she asked rudely.

Victoria's fake smile dropped. "Jeremy, we should go. I think Gwen is jealous seeing us together. She is even trying to make up lies about me now."

Jeremy wasn't even looking at Elsa or Victoria. His unfriendly eyes were on Lui. And Lui's were on him. They gave each other a cold stare. Elsa felt Lui's body get stiff and wondered what was going on.

"Why should we leave? If she is jealous that I am here with the woman I love, how is that our problem?" Jeremy answered, looking at Elsa's eyes and her hand that was locked with Lui's.

Victoria smirked at Jeremy's response, especially after she saw the look on Elsa's face. She was clearly hurt by his words.

Elsa started pulling Lui away. "We should go, Lui."

Lui didn't budge. He instead held Elsa's waist and pulled her to him, taking Elsa by surprise. "No. I promised you that you will have a good time this evening and I will not allow anyone to ruin it."

When Jeremy saw that, he took Victoria's waist and pulled her to him. "And I promised my fiancé that she will have a good time. And I will not allow anyone to ruin it."

When Elsa heard that, she just laughed at herself. They really were going to get married. They are probably waiting for The Old Master to approve of a divorce.

Victoria was enjoying Jeremy holding her like that and clung to him like a kitten.

Elsa just felt too hurt for her legs to support her weight, so she leaned into Lui as she screamed at herself not to cry.

The two men kept glaring at each other even harder as the air got even more tense. There were other people in the room, but they were invisible at that time.

Elsa wanted them to walk away immediately before anything happened, so she turned to Lui and said, "Lui, you said you'll get me this painting, right?"

"Of course, pretty one. Anything for you."

Pretty one? Jeremy knew he didn't hear that nickname wrong. He even called her by a nickname. They seem to be close.

"Okay. Then this is all I need. We can go now and wait for the bidding to start."

But before they could walk away, Jeremy said to Victoria, "Vic, you said you liked this painting, right?"

"Yes, Jeremy, I really do."

"Then I will get it for you," he said while looking at Lui, then at Elsa.

Victoria got excited. "Really, Jeremy?" "Of course. Anything for the woman I love."

"Oh, Jeremy, you're so good to me."

Elsa turned to look at Jeremy, and he was glaring at her. Victoria was looking at Jeremy, but Jeremy had his eyes on Elsa.

So now he was getting the painting for Victoria because he heard Elsa wanted it?

They all stood there, Elsa feeling awkward when Rosanna came out of nowhere and joined them. "Vic, did you find a painting you like?" she asked.

She had not noticed Elsa and Lui and was all focused on her daughter. "Yes, mother. This painting here."

Rosanna looked at the painting and found herself smiling. "I can see why you like it. It could represent you and your sister that passed away," she said with a heavy voice.

She had lost two children years ago. Victoria was the only one that survived and the only one she found. She was happy to have found Victoria, but was still hurt she never got to see her other daughter.

"Yes, Mum. That is why I love it so much."

"Let's go, Elsa," Lui whispered to Elsa.

Elsa and Lui started walking away immediately without looking back.

Rosanna said with a smile on her face before hugging her daughter,"Then we are getting it. Anything for the lion cub."
When Elsa heard that, she froze.

Lion cub?

*

20k reads in part 1... I feel like I'm floating... 😝