chapter 171

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

“Mrs. Callahan, please don't make this difficult. My orders are to take you to the Callahan Manor immediately, and you have to come with me right now.” His no-nonsense tone made Elsa feel a little worried.

“But you can't make me go if I don't want to,” she said quietly.

“You know Old Master Callahan, and you know he does not tolerate disobedience. Refusing to come may be what I would consider unwise,” he warned.

Elsa knew that. She looked at Allan, who was just a distance away from her. She had to get the file. “Let me at least get something first.”

The man shook his head. “We leave now.” He touched her shoulder and gently pushed her forward to force her to walk.

Not wanting to cause a scene, Elsa did not protest. She also didn't want the old Master to be upset with her and think she was disrespectful.

Allan saw Elsa leaving with a man dressed in a black suit. He wanted to follow her and remind her that she hadn't taken the file yet, but they got into a big black Mercedes Benz and drove off before he could approach her.

Elsa felt nervous the entire time, playing with her fingers. The man brought her into the manor and led her to the living room, where she was met by a loving couple seated on the couch, looking through a magazine.

Jeremy was seated close to Victoria, and she was showing him some things in the magazine. “What if I get this, Jeremy? Do you think it would look good on me?”

“You would look good in anything,” he answered with a smile.

“You’re so good to me, Jeremy,” she smiled before flipping through the book and looking at other dresses. They looked like gowns, maybe for a ball or something.

“I think I'll get this white one. Will you get it for me?”

Victoria chose that because the price was 800,000. She would be in an expensive gown for the event she was attending as Jeremy's date, thanks to her schemes that had worked so well in her favor.

“Anything to make you happy,” Jeremy replied.

The loving smile he gave Victoria stabbed Elsa right in the heart. Her heart beats for a man who loves another.

“And you could wear white too, so that in that bidding, we can match,” Jeremy promised.

He would take her to the bidding and purchase the property for her as a way of apologizing for everything that had happened. Victoria couldn't be happier.

Witnessing this loving couple made Elsa feel sick to her stomach. If this was what she was supposed to come and do, witness their love, then she could go ahead and leave. She had seen enough.

Just as she was turning around, both Jeremy and Victoria noticed her and raised their eyes to look at her at the same time.

“Gwen, you're here,” Victoria said, looking at her confused.

Jeremy's cold eyes looked at Elsa. They didn't hold any love. It was like this wasn't the same girl he had slept with a few hours ago.

‘Fate is fickle, Elsa. Maybe for a moment it looked like you were meant for each other, but things seem to have changed,’ the voice in her head, sounding just like Gwen, told her.

Fate changes frequently. It is an unstable and unpredictable thing. Don't get too charmed by today. Don't get too attached. You never know when things will turn.