chapter 183

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Instead of Elsa telling the concerned man why she was screaming, she caught his hand and started pulling Lui away, gesturing for him to run with her.

Lui didn't budge and wanted to ask for an explanation for her screaming, but then remembered something.

“Lu-lui... There's... The- there's... A snake... A black snake... In my room!” she said, shaking.

She had turned pale and was already sweating. Lui had figured out by now that the snake was the reason Elsa was screaming. He smiled gently and let out a silent chuckle.

“It's okay, little one, she doesn't bite.” He then grabbed her hand and started pulling her into the room. Elsa resisted, of course, but he was too strong.

“I don't want to go in there. Lui, let go!” she said, trying to take her hand back.

But Lui didn't let her slip away. “It’s okay, Elsa, I promise. She is friendly.”

He pulled her inside and only let her go when he brought her next to the bed.

The snake was still on the bed, comfortable and completely unbothered by everything. Elsa was shaking, and now even more so when she saw Lui stick his hand out for the snake.

“Lui, what if it bites you?”

“She won’t, she knows me.”

The snake started coiling itself around his hand, wrapping itself around his fingers and wrist. Elsa realized the snake wasn't as big as she thought.

It was probably 55 cm (21 inches), almost the same length as a suitcase.

But it was still big to her. She guessed she was so scared she thought it was twice that size.

“She’s your snake? First sharks, now snakes?... What's next? A crocodile?”
she asked with a shaky laugh. Lui chuckled as he got up from the bed with the snake in his hand.

He took a step closer to Elsa, and she took one back in response. She was not getting close to that creature.

“She is not my snake. She belonged to Gwen. I just take care of her.”

Elsa's eyes went wide. “Gwen liked snakes?”

“She did,” he answered, staring at the snake, then at Elsa. Elsa looked at the black snake.

It was very scary. Why would her sister want a snake as a pet? What if one day it bit her in her sleep?

“She won't hurt you, Elsa, I promise. She's actually a sweetheart. And she will be even more friendly and grow to like you when you offer her tasty treats."

Offer her treats...

Did Lui really think Elsa would be comfortable enough to feed that snake? She noticed how relaxed the snake was in Lui's hand. It really did look friendly. But she wasn't going to get comfortable that fast.

She looked at it closely and then asked, "Is that a Black Mamba?”

Lui shook his head. “No, it's a Black Viper.”

Elsa giggled at that. “Gwen got a viper because she is a Viper?”

“Well, something like that. But I got it for her.”

“Don’t tell me she thinks I'm Gwen and her owner, that's why she came to me,” she said sarcastically. Lui shrugged.

“That could be. I'm not sure. This is the room Gwen used to sleep in when she was here. This viper's name is Medusa. Medusa stayed in this room even after Gwen left her here, but I moved her elsewhere when you came because she couldn't sleep here with you. I knew you wouldn't be comfortable. I guess she snuck back in,” he chuckled.

The first thing Elsa got from that was Gwen. “Gwen stayed in this room?”

“She did,” he let out a deep sigh. Elsa looked at the bed and imagined Gwen sleeping there.

She felt good that she was still where Gwen had been before. She really missed her sister.

“I really miss her, you know. It hurts that when someone dies, you never get to see them again,” she shrugged tiredly.

Lui walked closer to her, and this time, Elsa didn't back away because of Medusa. “How about we go do something fun today? Take your mind off the crazy week you've had?”

*

Would be so nice if you tell me what you think of this story. I would love to hear from you.

There is so many story lines with a lot to uncover. That's what makes this book long, because you cannot discover the truth in just a day. Or a chapter.

We have,

1. Jenna's death

2. Gwen's death

3. The lion cub meaning

ETC..

Mmmh I can't wait.