chapter 179

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Victoria had won over everyone in that entire family, except Old Master Callahan.

For some reason, no matter what she did, he never seemed to like her.

She never understood why he disliked her. Even when she was Jeremy's girlfriend, she had won over Jeremy's mother and father.

But The Old Master was not as easy. She would have thought he just didn't like people, but the way he was defending Elsa made it clear he just didn't like Victoria.

But he liked Elsa.

With Jeremy still not saying anything, Victoria decided to come to his defense.

His eyes returned to Elsa as he just stared at her in a very obvious way to everyone in the room.

Victoria used a polite and humble voice when talking to the old master. She wanted to earn his favor because once the Old Master liked her, she could easily marry him.

“Old Master Callahan, I-”

“Why are you even here? Wasn’t Jeremy supposed to cut all ties with you?”

The Old Master asked coldly. It was clear he had zero tolerance for her in his voice.

Victoria immediately held her tongue. She couldn’t say anything further.

Lorna spoke in defense of Victoria, who could not speak for herself at that time. She, just like everybody else, was afraid of The Old Master.

“Dad, Jeremy and Victoria love each other. They should have been married if it wasn’t for Gwen getting in their way and interfering in their relationship. So of course they would still have feelings for each other and stay together.”

Elsa turned to look at Jeremy and he was not saying anything. He was just seated there on the couch while quietly looking at Elsa with cold, soulless eyes. Her gaze returned to the Old Master seconds after.

“The only woman I acknowledge as my granddaughter-in-law is Elsa Halverson. Any other woman Jeremy attaches himself to is a mistress in my eyes,” the old master said sternly.

“Dad, why can't you see that this woman lies!”

“She wouldn't lie to her grandfather,” he said confidently. His eyes displayed so many emotions.

The Old Master wasn't blind. He could clearly see her innocence.

The raw emotions her eyes displayed were something that could not be faked.

All the Old Master had to do was look into his granddaughter-in-law's eyes. And at that moment, he knew she was telling the truth.

Elsa felt tears in her eyes because of a word the Old Master said. “Grandfather?” she asked in a low voice.

The old master smiled warmly at Elsa. “Of course. And from now on, you call me grandpa, not The Old Master.”

Victoria felt like she was about to burst. She was never allowed to call the Old Master grandpa. And today he just... Elsa smiled sweetly and blushed. “That sounds nice. I have never had a grandpa.”

Lorna couldn't believe what she was hearing. “Dad, this woman-”

“Did you prepare the meals like I asked you to?” The Old Master interrupted. He could not take any more yapping from Lorna. His ears were now hurting. Lorna had no choice but to swallow her argument and then lightly nod.

“Yes. The meals for the important guest that is coming today? I have. They are all ready.”

The Old Master had told her that morning that an important guest was coming, so she had to make the best delicacies that would impress his guest. She assumed they would be coming after Elsa left.

“Good.” The old master then turned to Elsa. “Will you join your grandpa for dinner? It would make me happy to share a meal with my granddaughter.”

Elsa's eyes widened and she was speechless. Elsa first thought The Old Master was just being nice to her because everyone else was mean to her. But now, she didn't know what to think of it.

Lorna frowned when hearing that. She did not want that woman touching her food. “Dad, the meal is for the important guest you said is coming,” she argued.

“And she is here. Elsa Callahan is my important guest.”

Sorry if this evening is dragging. I'll make the next chapter longer so that I can finish this evening.

Anyway, Isn't he looking so cute in a hat