chapter 108

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Jeremy walked into the office after the two-hour-long meeting.

He did not spot Elsa at his desk and got worried for a moment. He started looking around the room for her, thinking maybe she went to the bathroom or something.

That was when he spotted her seated on the floor, in a cowering position, hugging her legs and burying her face in her knees.

‘What happened?’ His heart was beating fast. He walked close to her and knelt with one knee next to her.

“Elsa?” He called out softly. Elsa hadn't noticed him before he called for her.

She lifted up her head and looked at him. “Are you okay?”He asked.

Elsa just nodded, then stopped hugging her legs. She brought her hand between her thighs and her stomach and started playing with her fingers.

She had already wiped away her tears and tried to calm down.

“What happened?”

Elsa didn't answer him. He raised her chin and made her look at him. He noticed how her long eyelashes looked damp, like she had been crying before.

“Elsa, tell me what happened, please?”

She wasn't going to tell him how his business partner almost killed her through strangling. She didn't want to cause any trouble.

She just looked into his eyes and said, “Could you take me to see my mom?”

Jeremy didn't understand but nodded. “Sure, I'll take care of you after you’ve had your breakfast.” Elsa forced a smile on her face, then looked away.

He felt a dull pain in his heart. Something was bothering Elsa, and she wasn't talking about it to him.

“Is there anything else?”

Elsa shook her head.

His features and voice softened when he said, “Then why do you look upset?”

He pushed her hair back that was covering her face and tucked it behind her ear.

Elsa said quietly, “It's nothing, I just miss my mom... So much.” She sighed.

Jeremy held her arms and helped her stand up. He took her to a couch whose back was facing a glass wall.

It had a table in front of it with a lamp and a vase. And then a floor-to-ceiling shelf covering the entire wall on the other side.

It was filled with books that he liked to read in his free time.

He sat down on the couch and directed Elsa to sit on his lap. He pulled her into his arms and hugged her tightly.

He didn't say anything to her, although now would be a good time to apologize for all the things he said to her before.

Elsa hugged him back as her eyes looked out the clear glass wall. The building was very tall, the tallest in the entire city if not the country.

And being on this floor, she could see rooftops of other buildings. But Elsa's eyes were on the sky. It was grey and gloomy that day. Elsa looked at the clouds, deep in thought.

There is a theory that when someone dies, their spirit goes up to the clouds. That is where peace is. So spirits are dancing in the clouds and looking down on the people they left behind in this world, looking down at the people they love.