chapter 173

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

“Jeremy should have let everyone see what type of person you are by letting the video go viral so he can divorce you already without worry. I am so tired of you. I cannot believe our name is associated with such a person,” she said, laughing sarcastically.

“And now I hear that a few nights ago, you were with an old lover?” Elsa's eyes went wide.

Is she talking about...

“We all know about your relationship with Raffi,” she answered the question in Elsa's head.

At that moment, Victoria suddenly jumped from her seat and ran to Elsa's side, looking very nervous. Victoria looked at Elsa apologetically.

“I’m so sorry, Gwen. They made me tell them. I know I promised you I wouldn’t say anything about you and Raffi having a relationship before. But I couldn't lie to Mrs. Callahan or Jeremy.”

Elsa immediately understood what was going on. They were trying to shake the Callahans’ faith in her. Not that there was much faith in her to begin with.

“I’m sorry, Gwen, but they know everything. They know about your relationship with him and how you two have done things together. They even know that you used him to try to change your identity to Elsa.”

Elsa felt her rage build up. “You-”

“Shut up!” Lorna interrupted.

“Nobody allowed you to speak. You only open your mouth when you are given permission, you hear me?”

Elsa let out a deep frustrated sigh. Why was she even bothering?

Lorna turned to Victoria. “First of all, Victoria, you and Jeremy are now engaged. Maybe you should start calling me ‘mum’.” She said those words purposefully so that Elsa could hear and know she was going to be replaced as the daughter-in-law soon by the woman who was supposed to be their daughter from the beginning.

“And why are you apologizing to this woman? You did the right thing by showing us her true colors.”

Elsa wasn't told to speak, but to hell with it. She asked anyway. “What are you talking about?”

What crimes did she do now? Or what crimes did Gwen do?

“I commend you, Gwen. You are not breaking character at all, are you? Acting all meek and innocent in front of everyone. But you forgot that walls have eyes and roofs have eyes.”

She then took an envelope that was on the table and threw it at Elsa's feet. It opened and pictures scattered all over the floor.

The picture closest to Elsa was the one she picked up first with trembling hands.

Elsa was lying in bed with her clothes still on, and Raffi was lying next to her, playing with her hair. It looked like an intimate moment where Elsa was asleep in his bed, in his arms.

The next photo Elsa picked up showed Raffi kissing her cheek and holding her hand.

This didn't make sense. How did this come to be? Elsa looked at the pictures closely and realized she was unconscious at the time the pictures were taken.

She hadn't expected that Raffi had taken some pictures prior to her waking up. He never mentioned them to her.

He took them so he could hand them over to Victoria? Then what were the threats of taking her pictures naked about?

Why threaten her in such a way if he already had this, which was enough to ruin her reputation and have people think of her differently

Maybe so she would submit to him willingly. It's no wonder Jeremy thought she had something with Raffi.

“Mum, don’t blame Gwen. I know her. I can see some progress and some change in her. Maybe one day she will be loyal to Jeremy.”

“Are you even hearing yourself? You think we will forgive her infidelity with hopes she will change? And the one who will end up with Jeremy is you. Because I don't want this woman here. She was obviously never kidnapped and staged this entire thing to earn herself sympathy points from Jeremy.”

Elsa stood up from the floor while holding the pictures in her hands. She looked at Jeremy’s mother before speaking. “Mrs. Callahan, everything you are saying right now is a lie.”

“A lie? When your old boyfriend already confessed after you let him take the fall and stay in jail for kidnapping you, just because he told Jeremy he helped you with your identity change? He snitched on you so you ditched him.”