chapter 195

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Yuliana was watching from her already tucked-in bed.

The TV was positioned perfectly for her to watch from there.

Halfway through the episode, Yuliana started feeling sleepy, so she moved even closer to Elsa.

She snuggled up to her, clinging tightly as sleep took over. Her grip slowly loosened, but she had held onto Elsa tightly at first.

Elsa looked at the child in her arms and wondered why she felt so connected to this little girl, but she couldn't think of a logical answer.

She turned off the TV so that the child could sleep more peacefully.

She couldn't sleep immediately because all she could think about was what Rosanna McConnell had said. She called Victoria a lion cub.

Elsa took her sister's diary and flipped through the pages, looking for the words "lion cub."

Almost 30 pages in, she found it.

She said, referring to me, "the lion cub will bend to my will. And she will give up her title because she is not worthy. This is why her mother was driven into insanity. This is why I have worked hard to keep things like this for years. Her presence here will ruin things for us, and I will not allow it."

She wants me to give up. She wants me to lose everything until I have no strength left in me. And she will make sure to do this to my twin if she ever comes for the lion cub title. But I will never give up; I will keep on fighting no matter what.

She may have tried to take everything in my life from me and leave me with nothing, but there is always something to fight for. There is always something worth fighting for.

I would have told the pride that I am their lion cub, that they have two lion cubs who have been wandering in this world all along, but they ruined that chance for me. They took that chance away and turned the pride against me even before they knew me.

No matter what happens to me, if being a lion cub was meant for Elsa, I hope destiny will bring her to the pride. But if that means she will suffer the same fate as me, then it is not worth it.

Elsa looked at those words and realized Gwen had avoided mentioning names on purpose.

But why?

***

It was early the next day when the police arrived at Lui's mansion with a crying woman.

Lui's security came to inform him that the police were outside the gates demanding to see the owner of the place.

They whispered this in his ear, so Elsa didn't hear them. She had made breakfast for Yuliana and Lui that morning. She was busy feeding Yuliana and didn't even notice that something was wrong.