chapter 180

It was not easy but... The words are, 3236

 The words are, 3236

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Lorna's face dropped as she realized that she had spent so much time preparing food, thinking that someone rich and powerful like The Old Master was coming to their home.

It turns out it was just Elsa.

She had taken the entire afternoon cooking her best dishes, making sure they were perfect.

And the Old Master had asked her to make the food even before talking to Elsa, which meant he had already believed she was innocent.

"How can she be an important guest?" she snorted before rolling her eyes.

The Old Master ignored her.

"What do you say, Elsa? Will you have dinner with your new grandpa for the first time?"

Elsa smiled ear to ear. He had literally made her entire day better just by treating her so well. "Of course, Grandpa. I would love to share a meal with you," she said in her sweet soprano.

Lorna had no choice but to prepare the table and make a place for Elsa. She did this while mumbling curses underneath her breath.

Of course, Victoria went to help her so that she could earn love points from Lorna, who now saw her as a perfect daughter-in-law who could take care of her son very well.

One would think that Victoria was her actual daughter-in-law and not Elsa.

Even though this night didn't go as Victoria had planned, she still hadn't given up. That is why she was joining dinner.

Elsa kept talking to the Old Master as he led her to the huge fancy dining room, holding hands.

There were several mouth-watering dishes on the table, all of Mrs. Callahan's best dishes that she took so much pride in.

Elsa sat between Jeremy and Old Master Callahan, with Jeremy seated between Elsa and Victoria.

Things felt very awkward at that dinner table. She never thought she would ever be at the same dinner table with Jeremy and his girlfriend, with Jeremy seated in the middle of them.

But that didn't matter; he had clearly chosen Victoria as his favorite.

If only her stupid heart could accept that, she would save herself from many tears.

Elsa just faced forward, never once glancing Jeremy and Victoria's way.

She also didn't say anything, only giving her attention to the only person in that room who was nice to her.

Even the Callahans' tableware screamed "rich people."

There were Chinese plates and silverware that looked like they cost a fortune to own.