chapter 123

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Elsa was seated on her bed that evening.

After summoning a lot of courage, she opened her mother's journal again. She had first read Gwen's and found something interesting.

She had a recorded confession from Esther, admitting to having a hand in killing Jenna.

But she couldn't use it. She tried, but the lawyer felt it still wasn't enough. She even tried to press charges, but the case was dismissed and regarded as suicide.

Gwen was told she needed concrete proof, something that showed what happened. Even if she said she killed her, the doctors still saw it as suicide.

They said Esther might have meant it figuratively, and that wasn't something to go to prison for.

Because she did say that not being able to help Jenna made her quit her job. Maybe she felt she didn't do enough to prevent Jenna from taking that route.

That diary entry made Elsa mad.

Esther confessed to killing her mother? And those words couldn't be used against her because she could have meant them 'figuratively'? That wasn't right.

It seemed like the Rowlands really weren't people you could just take down.

In her mom's journal, there were some weird numbers and letters written there. She didn't understand what they meant.

At first, she thought it was a code, but after several attempts, she couldn't crack any of them.

Before she could try another idea, she heard footsteps coming to her bedroom door.

She immediately hid the journal and the diary.

Jeremy came in with a bowl of noodles. “How are you feeling, Elsa?”

Elsa looked at what was in his hand and smiled brightly. “I’m feeling much better.”

He sat on the bed next to her and gave her the bowl of noodles. Elsa thanked him and ate it.

“Tomorrow, there is a ball I have to attend at my hotel. I am hoping you could come with me.”

Going to a ball with Jeremy. She would definitely love to.

***

Elsa was taken to the same beauty parlor she went to last time.

The only difference today was that she actually wanted to go and wasn't dragged there.

She just hoped she wouldn't run into anyone from Jeremy’s family, and also not his friend Bruno.

The hostility of everyone was still fresh in her mind, even Jeremy’s. She still hadn't forgotten, which made her afraid he might change on her one day.

She wore a beautiful black gown she chose herself. She liked it because it was something Gwen would wear.

It even had pockets, which was a plus. She could have her phone there so she could play video games if the ball got too boring for her.

Jeremy was also dressed in a black tuxedo. Who knows if he was planning to wear that or if he chose it after seeing Elsa's gown.

But either way, they walked into the huge fancy hotel hand in hand, both dressed in black.

Elsa’s hands were holding onto Jeremy's forearms as she looked around the place.

Of course, there were reporters and very sophisticated guests around.

She remembered what happened the first time she attended a party, but she tried to calm herself, praying that nothing would happen tonight.