chapter 162

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

He remembered the blue-eyed one holding the one with green eyes and telling her it was going to be okay as they watched their mother being taken away.

“Why are you telling me this?” she asked, looking him in the eye.

Is this why he wanted to get close to her? Because of her mom? Allan let out a deep sigh.

“Because I felt so guilty when I saw you catch your doll crying when she was being taken away. And your twin sister hugging you so tightly and telling you it will be okay and trying to be strong for both of you. Somehow, I felt responsible, like I had broken up a family.”

He sounded like he had a lump in his throat as he spoke.

He waited anxiously for Elsa's response, or even her reaction, which so far, she hadn't given him any. Elsa was quiet for a while, and then she spoke.

“I don’t blame you for saying what you believed was true!” Allan didn't know if he should be relieved or feel worse.

She said ‘what he believed was true,’ not ‘what was true.’

During their interviews about their mom, both twins said she wasn't crazy.

Elsa said that because she didn't want her mom to be locked up there and be separated from them. Gwen said that because she knew someone was tormenting her into that state.

Elsa did believe her mom was crazy at that time, but she wanted to protect her. She felt that without her, they would be lost.

“You still think she wasn't ill?” When he asked that, Elsa remembered that he was one of the doctors in the room.

He was there when she was being asked about her mother and how she acted around her and at home. Elsa looked at him.

He was much younger at that time, probably fresh from college. She hadn't even realized that she had seen him before.

She never realized he interviewed her when she was 15 years old. Who could blame her for not remembering him?

That day was so hard for her, all she thought about was her mom.

“At least not in the beginning. Someone broke her sanity. Someone completely broke her,” she said while blinking away her tears.

Doctor Allan took both her hands and held them in his. He didn't know what to say at that moment to make it all better, so he resorted to giving her a hug.

He didn't know if it was appropriate to hug her, or if she would accept it, but he bore no ill will and just wanted to give her a shoulder to lean on. He felt he owed her.

His mind still couldn't erase the look on the little girls’ faces when they called for their mother who was being taken away. And to think that was their last memory of her.

Thinking about that, he asked, “I know your first memories of the hospital are not really... nice. And also, that is where you lost your mother...” he said carefully.

“Why did you decide to work there? Why did both you and your sister decide to work there, even though you came at different times?”

Elsa saw how concerned he looked and she asked herself, what would Gwen do?

And she knew the answer.