chapter 120

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

“Is that someone's ashes?” Jeremy asked, pulling Elsa out of her thoughts.

He stood next to her, looking at the urn in her hand. Elsa looked at him and nodded, hoping he would believe her now.

“It’s Gwen’s,” she answered, her voice filled with pain.

Jeremy looked at the urn for a moment, unsure of what to say. They stood in silence for a few minutes, both staring at the sea, which had a few frozen waves.

After some time, the mood lightened and they walked along the shore together. They only stopped when Elsa noticed something on the beach. She bent down and picked it up - a colorful shell lying in the sand. It was very pretty.

“Jeremy?” she said, turning to him.

“My sister and I were always connected to April Sea. It was our favorite place.” She paused, waiting for his response.

“Did you spend a lot of time here?” he asked.

“Yeah, we loved it here so much. So much so that we made a promise - whoever passed away first would have their ashes spread into the waters of April Sea.” Jeremy looked at the urn and then at Elsa.

“Are you...?” he trailed off.

“No, not today. Not yet... But I'll spread it soon.” She looked at the urn, then at the sea.

The sun was setting, its beautiful bright ball in the sky about to disappear into the water.

She couldn't help but remember when she and her sister made that promise. The sun was setting at that time too.

“Jeremy, can I ask you for a favor?” Jeremy suddenly felt his heart beat fast. “Sure, anything.”

“If anything happens to me and I pass away, will you spread my ashes into April Sea? That way I can swim with my sister in these waters, forever. It was part of the promise.”

Jeremy looked at Elsa, confused. Why was she talking about death all of a sudden? “Elsa, what are you saying?” Elsa just smiled.

“Take it as a hypothetical, okay? If it ever happens, will you do that for me?” She had initially wanted to ask Hayley, but now that she had fallen for Jeremy, she wanted it to be him.

Jeremy sighed shakily. “Yes, I will spread your ashes... If that ever happens.” Those words didn't feel right to say.

They felt wrong and too heavy. But he didn't say anything else. Elsa took the shell and gave it to Jeremy.

“Take care of it,” she said with a smile.

“It’s something from my favorite place.” Jeremy took the shell and smiled too.

“I will,” he answered. Then, he reached into his pocket and took out a little black box. Elsa looked at it curiously, not knowing what it was.

“And you take care of this.” He opened the box, showing it to her. It was a gold bracelet. Elsa's eyes widened.

He had gotten her a bracelet? He put it on Elsa's wrist. She looked at how beautiful and shiny it was and didn't know what to say. She noticed something written on it. “What is this, written on the bracelet?”

“Roman numerals of an important day,” Jeremy explained. Elsa read it - it was the Roman numerals for the previous year in June.

She didn't understand why that date was on the bracelet, but she loved it regardless.

“I love it, thank you Jeremy.” She would treasure it forever and never take it off.

“You're welcome.”

Just then, Elsa felt a strange sensation. She felt dizzy, as if the world was spinning.

I love the sea... This is something I'll do a whole story of, soon.

 This is something I'll do a whole story of, soon

🐚

⚱️