chapter 106

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

His cold gaze shooting through her skin made her shiver.

Of course, he thinks she is Gwen. And of course, he is hostile towards her.

“Have you forgotten whose company this is?” Jeremy asked, raising his eyebrows.

Bruno's eyes left Elsa and went to his friend, a friend who seemed to not learn from his previous experience.

“Jeremy, sometimes I think you don't know what's good and what's bad for you.” He also confidently added, “I own stocks in this company, so I am allowed to have a say in who I am comfortable allowing in our meeting.”

Jeremy owned 80% of the company, and the rest was owned by their partners, including Bruno.

They were good friends, and that made Jeremy not want to get into an argument with him.

“Bruno, I am the CEO of this company,” he simply stated.

Those words were meant to mean whatever he says goes.

Bruno furrowed his brows, and he was just about to talk, but Elsa beat him to it.

“Jeremy, he is right. Me being in the meeting like this, and I am not working in the company, is not a good idea. And he may not be the only shareholder that will be uncomfortable with a stranger in their meeting.” She said this because, first, she didn't feel it was right for her to be in a meeting like that, not knowing anything and also not being an employee.

Also, she didn’t want them to argue because of her, and not because of this.

Jeremy looked at Elsa and thought about what she said for a while. He then nodded. “Okay, but you will wait for me in my office.”

He took her hand and walked past Bruno without saying anything to him. Bruno watched their backs and thought of something.

Just like Elsa thought, there was a secretary outside his office. She was much nicer and greeted both of them.

“Good morning, Mr. Callahan... Good morning, Madam.” She said this with a smile. Elsa smiled and greeted her back.

“Katherine,” Jeremy said. “You will be taking minutes for me for the meeting.”

Elsa was relieved when she heard that.

“Yes, Sir.”

He then walked past her and opened a glass door that led to his office. His office had only two colors, dark brown and gold.

He took Elsa to his desk and had her sit on his chair. It was such a comfortable CEO chair.

Elsa felt a little nervous sitting here. It was just a chair, but it was like it held so much power.

Jeremy opened his desk drawer and took out a notebook and a pen. He put it on the desk next to Elsa.

“I want you to write something for me,” he said.

Elsa looked up at him. “What do you want me to write?”

“Just tell me about yourself. Your interests, hobbies, likes and dislikes, too. I would say your favorite show, but I already know that.”

Elsa smiled at that and then nodded. She can write that. Jeremy continued, “I want you to describe what your perfect day is, where is one place you've always dreamed of going....”

He then whispered in her ear, “And... Have you ever been in love?”

He then kissed her cheek before walking towards the door and leaving the room.

Elsa stared at his back and watched him leave. A smile escaped her afterward.

She took the pen and opened the notebook to a blank page.