chapter 153

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

“I don't understand...” Elsa said, confused.

“All you need to understand is that everything will be okay,” she said, pulling Elsa into a hug.

Elsa was extremely confused, but she responded, “Alex, I didn't ask you why you came to the police station.”

Alex chuckled as she broke the hug. “I came to bail out a friend. She got arrested for DUI charges.”

Elsa chuckled too. “Then you should go help her out.”

“No, you come first. Helping you comes first,” Alex insisted, refusing to leave Elsa alone.

She then took out her phone from her pocket. “Lui can help. He is the only one who can help,” she whispered to herself, not really talking to Elsa.

Elsa looked at her with wide open eyes. “You know Lui?”

That was when Alex realized she had said those words out loud.

“You know Lui?” she threw the question back at Elsa, confused.

Gwen never mentioned introducing them to each other. How could Elsa know him?

That was when Elsa told Alex about Lui kidnapping her because he thought she was Gwen and Gwen had stolen his liver.

Alex burst out laughing.

“Oh Lui, that fucker,” she said, finding the situation funny. “He wouldn't have hurt you, love. That's just how he and Gwen are. That's basically their... I don't know if friendship is the right term to use... but that's just them. They have kidnapped each other more than three times. It became a routine.” She shook her head as she chuckled.

Elsa chuckled too. After seeing the love for Gwen in Lui's eyes, she realized he wouldn't have done anything to her. But did Gwen ever like Lui? Was it mutual love that was never explored?

“Did Gwen like Lui... like, as a man?” Elsa asked Alex.

Alex thought about it for a moment. "It's hard to tell with Gwen, you know? But I don't think she ever liked any man. She never took anyone seriously or put herself out there like that. Gwen didn't do love. She didn't like commitments or serious relationships. I don't even think she's ever had a real boyfriend.

“But we can gossip about our Gwen later. Let me go call Lui. Wait for me here, okay?” Elsa nodded as Alex got up from the bench and went to make the call a distance away from her.

Elsa thought the call would be quick, but Alex ended up spending almost half an hour on the phone. She didn't know what they were talking about, but Alex's body language showed that it was something serious and urgent.

When Alex finally returned, they sat on the bench just a little distance from the police station entrance for 5 minutes before a fancy-looking sports car drove in.

Lui dashed out of the car, frantically looking around for Alex and Elsa.

“Lui!” Alex called out to get his attention.

When he saw them, he ran towards them and immediately sat next to Elsa, examining her body. He took her hands into his and looked at her skin.