chapter 194

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Elsa and Lui drove back home in silence. It was already dark outside. Elsa looked out the window, lost in her thoughts.

The week she had spent with Lui was coming to an end, and she still didn't know why she had to stay there. She had two days left before the seven days were up.

However, Jeremy had told her that she had until the next day to leave, or Lui would suffer the consequences. Elsa didn't know what that meant, but she didn't want to find out. This situation made her realize that Lui may be richer than she thought, and he was not afraid of Jeremy.

They looked at each other like mortal enemies, something Elsa didn't understand. Why were they so hostile towards each other?

"Are you mad at me, Elsa?" Lui asked, giving her a quick glance before returning his attention to the road.

"No, why do you ask?" she replied, now looking at him.

"You were just so quiet. I got worried," he admitted.

A small smile appeared on Elsa's face. "I'm not mad at you, Lui. I promise. I just... I just feel weird that you spent all that money on a painting for me," she said, playing with her fingers.

Lui didn't want to discuss the money issue with Elsa, fearing that she would insist on paying him back again. He decided to change the subject. "Elsa, can I ask you a question and promise me you will answer truthfully?"

Elsa nodded. "Sure, ask."

Lui took a deep breath and asked, "Has Jeremy ever hurt you in any way?"

This question caught Elsa by surprise. She immediately moved her hair to cover her very red hickey. Elsa turned and looked out the window, contemplating what to answer.

The silence lingered for too long, so Lui asked again. "Has he ever hurt you, Elsa? Abused you? Whether it's physical or emotional abuse... has he?"

Elsa didn't know what to say and remained silent. She didn't want to lie to him, but she also didn't want to tell him the truth. "Can we talk about this some other time? I'm really tired," she said, trying to avoid the conversation.

Lui sighed. "Okay, some other time then."

Lui had noticed how Elsa seemed afraid of Jeremy but tried hard to hide it. However, he could only speculate because he hadn't seen Jeremy physically hurt her himself.

He had witnessed Jeremy emotionally hurt her when he stood there holding Victoria, calling her his love. If Elsa didn't want to talk about it, he couldn't force her.

When they arrived back at his villa, it was 9pm. Elsa expected to find Yuliana asleep, but she was in the living room with one of the maids, still wide awake, watching a cartoon. When Yuliana saw Elsa, she ran quickly to hug her. She hugged Elsa's legs while giggling.

"Hi, baby girl. Why are you still up?" Elsa asked as she picked up Yuliana and carried her in her arms.

"I was waiting for you," Yuliana said with a shy smile.

Elsa felt her heart warm. "Okay, now I'm here. Let's go get some sleep, okay?"

Yuliana nodded, and Elsa took her to the bedroom. They both got ready for bed.

Elsa had to put Yuliana in a small t-shirt because there were no pajamas for her.

They didn't have any bedtime storybooks, so Elsa decided to watch her favorite cartoon, Pokemon, with Yuliana.

Yuliana immediately fell in love with Pikachu and decided that yellow was her new favorite color. She also wanted a Pikachu plushie.

Elsa promised her that she would get her a plushie soon, and the little girl giggled happily.