chapter 130

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Elsa stood there, watching Jeremy drive away. Did he really leave her? Why would he leave her on the side of the road? Why didn't he take her home? Didn't he see the dried blood on her face? Didn't he see how tired and in pain she looked? He didn't notice any of that?

Elsa saw that he was mad at her, and she gave him an excuse for shouting at her. He must have believed that she stole the bracelet. He probably felt embarrassed that his wife would steal something, and that may have affected his image that the Callahans do everything to protect. Elsa found that explanation reasonable and forgave him. She decided to go to his villa and look for him, to tell him that she was innocent and never stole anything.

As Elsa was waiting for a taxi on the side of the road, a car suddenly stopped next to her.

The driver rolled down the window. “Hey Halverson, need a ride?”

It was Victoria. Elsa sighed in annoyance. She didn't want to get into her car, nor did she want to talk to her.

So she started walking away immediately. She was still in pain and she knew she had to get home and go to work that morning. She didn't have time to ‘chat’ with Victoria.

Victoria stopped the car and got out. She walked over to Elsa, who was slowly walking away from her.

“Where are you going, Halverson? And why are you walking like you got beat up?”  she said, laughing at Elsa's limping.

Elsa stopped in her tracks and turned to face her. “You planted that bracelet on me, didn't you?” It was obviously her, she shouldn't even be asking.

Victoria chuckled. “Maybe I did, maybe I didn’t. Even if I did, so what? How would you prove that it was me? Who would even believe you?”

“So this is your plan? To just have people beat me up?”

Victoria walked closer to Elsa and smiled cunningly. “This is your fault, you stupid piglet. I told you, the longer you stay with Jeremy, the more beatings you will get. You are literally bringing this on yourself. Remember, Elsa Halverson, you can end this at any time. You have the power to stop yourself from getting hurt. Leave Jeremy and leave the city, and I will leave you alone. That is all you have to do.”

Elsa just laughed quietly. “I will tell Jeremy that you are the one who framed me.”

“Really now? Do you really think he would believe you? And do you really think he still believes you’re Elsa?” she asked with a smirk.

“Of course he does. He trusts me,” Elsa said confidently. The way Jeremy had been acting with her these past few days showed that he was trusting her now. He called her Elsa now.

Victoria chuckled and shook her head. “Okay, kitten, let me not burst your bubble.”

She immediately remembered the woman in the cell calling her kitten. “You got those cellmates to beat me up and tell me all those things, and you think I’ll let you get away with it?”

“It wasn’t just me. Jeremy knows you were beat up. He approved of it.”