.chapter 135

👼MY ANGEL 👼

👼MY ANGEL 👼

That is why she had to use a taxi to get everywhere now.

But after she sells her apartment, she will have enough money to fix it or just buy a new one. Jeremy had come to pick her up the previous day and the one before.

She had thought he would come every day and it would be routine.

Maybe he came to pick her up and didn't find her? She took out her phone. No missed calls, no messages.

She decided to call him this time. It was her first time ever dialing his number. The call only rang once before it got rejected. Elsa looked at her phone screen in disbelief. ‘He hung up on me?’

She felt a tear in her eyes and blinked it away, not wanting to cry. Why wouldn't he answer her call, especially when she was late coming home?

Her shift ended way earlier than this, but she lost track of time while looking for the tapes and now it was almost 11 pm.

“Elsa!” She heard someone call for her. She turned around and it was Allan.

He was in his car driving home when he stopped next to her. She was so focused on calling Jeremy that she didn't even hear his car approaching.

“Hey Allan,” she greeted him, hoping he would bring up what happened at the storage.

“You're going home, right? Why don't I drive you home? It's pretty late.”

Elsa smiled at that gesture. “No thank you. It's not necessary. I’m waiting for my husband to come pick me up. He'll be here soon,” she said to him.

She appreciated the offer, but they weren't even going to the same neighborhood. They had gotten to know each other during their lunch breaks, and Elsa knew the neighborhood he lived in from their conversation. He was going way farther than she was. He should not be dropping her off.

Plus, she wanted to call Jeremy again. She still held onto the thought that he would come pick her up and wouldn't be mad at her anymore.

“You'll wait for him here, by yourself?” he asked, concerned.

“Yes. I won't have to wait long. He'll be here soon.”

“Are you sure you'll be okay, Elsa?” he asked worriedly.

“I am. Thanks for the offer. But Jeremy will get here in no time. It's not very far from here where he is coming from,” she assured him. Allan nodded.

“Okay, see you tomorrow then.”

Elsa nodded back with a smile. “I'll see you tomorrow, Allan.”

As soon as he drove away, she tried Jeremy again. This time he didn’t pick up. It went straight to voicemail.

“Jeremy? It’s Elsa. I just finished my shift at the psychiatric hospital, and it’s pretty late right now. I am so tired and I want to come home to you now. I don’t have a car, so I was wondering if you could come pick me up. I'll be waiting for you at the entrance of the hospital.”

She took a pause before adding, “I missed you today, Jeremy. And I did mean it when I said I love you. I know you think I stole the bracelet, but I really didn’t. Trust me, Jeremy, I didn't take it. I hope you could believe me again. I don’t want us to be like before, where you hate me and I’m afraid of you. I truly hope we could be together because I do love you. It may sound crazy, but I love you. I can’t help it.”

She smiled at her own words and ended the voicemail by saying, “I'll wait for you.”