chapter 156

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

“Then why did you invite him to the club with us?” Gwen asked, confused.

“Because we need a driver,” Alex said casually, causing Gwen to burst out laughing and shake her head.

“It sounds like it will be fun, but I can’t come, Alex,” Gwen replied.

“Why?” Alex whined, sounding like a child.

“I twisted my ankle last night... while running from Raffi,” Gwen explained.

“Oh crap! That son of a dog?! Did he try to hook up with you again?” Alex exclaimed.

“He did. He even tied me up and gagged me,” Gwen replied.

“Oh my goodness, then what happened?” Alex asked, hoping Raffi hadn't been able to do anything to her.

“I pretended to be in the mood and acted like I wanted it too. That made him remove my gag. Then I fed him fake compliments, boosting his enormous ego. After that, I told him to untie me so I could use my hands to make him feel like a man. Then I hit him on the head with a vase, knocking him out. I ran out of there, but I fell and twisted my ankle. I don't know where Lui came from, but he found me and brought me to his home,” Gwen explained.

She knew she could never match the strength of a man, so she had to use her brain. After all, she was street smart.

Alex sighed with relief. “He must have tracked you or something.”

“Probably, since I didn't show up at a meeting we had,” Gwen replied.

Gwen felt the snake on her leg again and watched it, knowing it wouldn't bite or attack her.

“And what about Raffi? Where is he now?” Alex asked.

“Probably getting beat up by one of Lui's men. I don't know,” Gwen replied.

She had told Lui not to kill him, so he decided to beat him up and only leave him when he was on his last breath.

“Good. I hope that little thing between his legs gets chopped off too,” Alex gritted his teeth.

Gwen chuckled. “Alex... How do you even know it's little?”

“Obviously it is. He just looks like the type who, when he pulls it out, you'll burst out laughing at how tiny it is,” Alex replied.

Gwen laughed harder. She didn't lie though. He did give off that kind of energy.

“Gwen, by the way, I have to ask, where are you with Victoria?” Alex asked, his tone serious after the laughter died down.

“You know how she is. She's the type to run her mouth and then run from me,” Gwen scoffed.

Victoria was only tough when she had backup. She could never face Gwen one-on-one.

“Can’t we just force the evidence out of her and Esther? I'm sure Lui can help,” Alex suggested.

“No. I don't want him involved,” Gwen shook her head, rejecting the idea. She didn't want Lui to be a part of it.

“Okay... And why haven't you told, you know who, that you're the lion cub of Serpens? That you're literally one of their cubs?” Alex asked.

“What's the point? They already have a new cub. And I don't think they would even acknowledge me if they knew,” Gwen replied bitterly.

Although Alex felt differently, he understood why Gwen was reluctant to share anything with them.

“And Elsa? Are you going to tell her about all of this? Everything that's been going on?” Alex inquired.

“She can never know, Alex. Ever!” Gwen replied firmly.

“And why not?”