chapter 181

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

When Elsa returned to the Villa, Lui was on a business call, so they didn't speak.

They only waved at each other as Elsa walked by and headed upstairs. Elsa took a shower and changed into her nightgown.

She looked at the canvas with the first layer of the painting already done and asked herself if she should continue with it that night.

Her heart was still in pain after everything that had happened that day.

The next day was a weekend, and she didn't need to work, so she decided to finish this oil painting tonight.

She gathered everything she needed, locked the door to avoid interruptions, put on headphones playing her favorite songs from her playlist, and started painting.

She prepared her palette and mixed the colors to match the ones she needed.

She already had a clear image of what she wanted the final painting to look like, as Jeremy's face appeared in her mind every time she closed her eyes.

The time it takes to finish a painting can vary from hours to weeks, depending on its size, complexity, and the artist.

She remained focused the entire time, her mind recalling every feature of that man as she highlighted them in the painting.

She hurried through the hair and body, eager to reach the star of the show, which was undoubtedly Jeremy's face.

Of course, she would go back to them later. She made sure to bring out the brown in his eyes, the black in his lashes, the pink in his lips, and the smoothness of his skin.

She watched the oil painting gradually transform into a more accurate representation of him as she continued working on it.

And the moment she set her brush down, signifying the completion of the painting she named ‘Mr. Handsome,’ the first ray of sunlight pierced through the curtains.

It was the break of dawn. Elsa removed her headphones and silently gazed at her painting.

She remembered how quickly she left when he raised his hand and slapped her.

But now, even after he had hurt her even more and humiliated her, she was willing to forgive.

Why was it that the first time she loved someone, the first time she cared for a man, he didn't love her back?

Her life was short, and she hoped to experience the joy of being loved, or at least the joy of being a mother and having a family.

But maybe she should have stuck to her initial plan of never dating or loving anyone until she died. That was why she broke up with her ex. Perhaps it was for the best if Jeremy didn't love her.

Her death wouldn't bother him, and he would be fine. She looked at the painting and questioned herself, how did she even love him?

What had happened to her? How could his coldness attract her? Who in their right mind loves a beast like him?

The next chapter is very important. That is because it's a teaser of something. Something that will be on the second half of the book.

I'll put a star on the chapter because I too have to remember how important it is.