Chapter 1: Caught on the Spot

Tianlin Continent, Yuanyang Town.

As one of the three major cultivation families in the town, the Gu family was particularly lively today because today was the 70th birthday of Gu Wenhai, the head of the Gu family, and the other two cultivation families in the same city, the Tian family and the Lu family, were present to congratulate him.

Although the three families compete with each other, in order to prevent other forces in developing and from their cultivation resources being diluted, they cooperated with each other. From generation to generation, the three families have continued to marry, such as Gu Yao and Lu Minzhu, the direct descendants of the head of the Gu family and Lu family that are engaged from childhood.

It's just that the people in Yuanyang Town who have no spiritual roots all know that this marriage will be ruined sooner or later.

Why? Just because although Gu Yao occupies the title of legitimate grandson, in fact, his biological mother died early. The saying that after a stepmother has a stepfather, it is also common in the cultivation world. In addition, Gu Yao's spiritual root is only smaller than the five spiritual roots. The slightly better Four Spiritual Roots caused him to be ignored in the Gu family, and his life was not as good as that of those other descendants. How could he be worthy of the beautiful young lady of the Lu family? If Gu Yao knew what he was interested in, he should take the initiative to come to Lu family's door and cancel the marriage.

The Gu family was full of guests. The Gu family head's three sons, a dozen grandchildren and outstanding descendants were all entertaining the guests who came to celebrate their birthdays.

The eldest son, Gu Zhixiao pulled his second son Gu Zhiming aside and asked with a stern face: "It's my seventieth birthday. All the descendants of the Gu family are here, except for your son Gu Yao. Where has he gone? He hasn't shown up yet? Doesn't he even look at what day it is!"

Gu Zhiming is the least qualified among the three brothers, there is the eldest son who is valued and cultivated by the old man, and the younger brother who has a sweet mouth and can make the old man happy. He is the one in the middle who can't gain favor from the old man. He can only place his hopes on his own children, and Gu Yao, this son, is simply his shame, having four spiritual roots! Being born into a cultivation family like theirs, they are no better than ordinary people, no different from useless people, so they spend their days away from home, and how can they think of such days.

"Who knows where this little evil has gone? Brother, wait, I'll ask someone to look for him!" On this occasion, if Gu Yao doesn't show up, Gu Yao will be talked about, and he, the father, can't escape, so he had to be patient and prepare to ask someone to look for him.

"Dad, please greet the guests. I'll take someone to call the eldest brother over." Gu Zhiming's second son, Gu Chen volunteered, with a flash of excitement in his eyes.

"Then Chen'er will go early and come back early. If your eldest brother is half as good as Chen'er, dad won't have to worry." Gu Zhiming's favorite son is Gu Chen. At least he saved a little face for him. He is only thirteen years old and he already has reached the fourth level of Qi refining, and his current wife gave birth to twins not long after she entered the house. Although Xing'er is weak in cultivation, she is already born with a refined mind at a young age, and she will definitely be able to have a good match in the future, to help her brother, there is no need for his branch to prosper.

"Don't worry, dad. I advice you not to worry about him. Uncle, I'm going down first." Gu Chen saluted and left the hall.

There is a remote courtyard in the northwest corner of the Gu family. Compared with the lively scene in front, there is no one here and it seems very deserted. However, suddenly a dozen boys and girls came here under the protection of their maids and drove straight in.