Chapter 27 Danger

When Gu Yao was reading, Chi Changye was outside controlling the horned scale horses. Because they moved with the large team, the trained horned scale horses would not wander around on their own, so Chi Changye often sat in front of the carriage with his eyes closed to relax, but Tian Er Shao often came over to chat with Chi Changye.

After dark, the team will camp and rest on the spot, waiting for dawn before rushing on. Although the large team moves together, each has its own small group, and they are not close to each other. Of course, they are not too far apart. Being able to see what other teams are doing.

The Lu family’s camp.

"That's Gu Yao. I don't think he's much worse than Gu Yan. I heard that Young Master Chi, who is with him, is very powerful in talisman. He drew all the thunder talismans used by the Tian family. You see how much he looks and care to Gu Yao, he is so nice. If he have delicious food, he'll bring it to Gu Yao first."

"That's right, I think Gu Yao has a blessing in disguise this time. Some people look down on Gu Yao, but there are many people who like Gu Yao. People think they are great and look down on Gu Yao. They spend all day with Gu Yao's cousin who is older than his him. But in the end, the cousin is going to enter the Changxian Sect, so how can he care about his cousin? Hehe."

Knowing that Lu Minzhu is here the sounds from outside could be heard in the carriage. Several young ladies from the Lu family were chatting, without caring about Lu Minzhu's face. They made fun of her for losing the sesame seeds and not even picking up the watermelon. Instead, they made a big joke. They don't necessarily really admire Gu Yao, but they really use Gu Yao to step on Lu Minzhu.

Lu Minbai came over and scolded: "Shut up! You have been making irresponsible remarks all day long. Do you look like Miss Lu?"

After scolding those people into silence, he got into the carriage with food and comforted his sister, "Don't listen to their nonsense. They are jealous of you, sister. You have lost weight."

Lu Minbai knew that the family had wronged his sister during this period, but it involved family interests, and he could not seek justice for his sister. Even some time ago, he just got a middle-grade detoxification pill from the Gu family, and he couldn't justly go to Gu Yan to say anything. Lu Minbai was leaning on the carriage with an indifferent look on her face.

When she heard this, she showed a sarcastic look: "I know what they are doing. They want to step on me and seize the opportunity to marry with the Gu family. Whoever wants that marriage will get it. Come on, do you think I will care about it?"

"Sister, you..."

Lu Minbai knew that the Gu family and the Lu family would continue to marry to consolidate the relationship between the two families. Originally, the marriage candidate decided by the grandfather was still the younger sister, but the younger sister and her mother refused, knowing in his heart that neither his sister nor his mother could let go of Gu Yan.

"What? This daughter from the Lu family has no choice but to marry a man from the Gu family? Senior Tian Ru from the Tian family is not married yet, but she is still respected by others. Even her grandfather has to respectfully call her "senior" when he sees her. I also want to become a cultivator like her!" Lu Minzhu said with clenched fists, eyes shining with determination.

She would not compromise this time. Why did the family's daughter have to be manipulated and controlled by those men all their lives? So she tried her best to win this promotion. She did not hesitate to exchange the injustice she suffered for the opportunity of the Immortal Assembly Conference. Lu Minbai did not expect that his sister would have such thoughts. Gu Yan's incident would have such a big impact on her.