Chapter 66 It's time to raise a baby

On the carriage back to the Prince's Mansion, An Lianxi started to ask as soon as he sat down: "What does the father mean?"

Ask him if he wants to be a queen...

But Emperor Mingkang didn't wait for An Lianxi's answer, and then waved to the two of them, "I'm tired. Thank you for your hard work. Come back."

An Lianxi felt a little uneasy.

"I will bring Doctor Duan into the palace tomorrow." Xue Shiye patted his back comfortingly and said calmly.

Meanwhile, on the other side.

Emperor Mingkang wiped away the blood stains on his lips, and his expression suddenly changed, becoming cold and dignified, "Go and call the queen in."

Xue Shiye and An Lianxi left, but the concubines were still kneeling. After all, the queen had not moved first, and no one dared to make a move first.

Eunuch Gao walked out of the dormitory, his eyes swept over the kneeling people, and finally looked at Queen Xiao, "Queen, Your Majesty wants to see you, come with us."

As soon as these words came out, the others all looked at each other, thinking that Eunuch Gao's attitude was different and his tone was much colder than usual.

Old men like Eunuch Gao know very well the principle of keeping a tightrope when doing things. Even if a nobleman is in decline, he will not add insult to injury. Even if his attitude is not too respectful, he will still take care of his face.

But this is rare today.

Could it be...

Your Majesty has disliked the Queen?

Queen Xiao's heart skipped a beat when she was called, but she quickly calmed down and her gait remained dignified and elegant.

Everything is going according to plan.

When he entered the palace and saw the slightly haggard Emperor Mingkang, he became more and more at ease.

"I have met your Majesty."

Empress Xiao took good care of herself, looked at Emperor Mingkang and asked with concern: "How is your Majesty's health...?"

Emperor Kangxi of the Ming Dynasty looked at him intently, his expression was indifferent, and he could not tell whether he was happy or angry.

Queen Xiao couldn't help but feel uneasy.

Just as Empress Xiao was getting more and more uneasy, Emperor Mingkang slowly said: "You have always taught Jin'er. I have great expectations for him. This time, I let him stay in the house to reflect." Toughen him up, you know?"

Hearing this, Queen Xiao's expression was startled, and she responded with a smile, "Of course, I know your majesty's good intentions."

Emperor Mingkang nodded and said a few more words, "Send away the people outside, I am tired. As the mother of the country, you should act more calmly in the future."

The last sentence was considered a blow, but Empress Xiao finally felt relieved, showed a gentle smile, and said: "I know."

Eunuch Gao sent her out. When he walked in, he saw that the emperor's expression was a little unpredictable. He closed his eyes for a moment and did not dare to speculate on the holy will.

Emperor Mingkang was the first to speak up: "Just ask whatever you want."

Eunuch Gao looked serious and bowed his head respectfully, "I'm sorry for my stupidity. I don't know why Your Majesty..."