003: ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ ᴇᴠᴇʀ

●~●~●~●~●

In Atlanta, Sami had lead them through the buildings.

Taylor managed to convince them, and tell Sami, so he went through with Daryl's knife, silently taking out a few dozen walkers they came across, without one shot being heard. And soon, they were on the roof, the door still chained shut.

T-Dog opened it, using bolt cutters from Dale, and Daryl ran through, calling for his brother.

But, all they found was a hand, which he'd cut off with some tools they others had left behind. So, now, Daryl was yelling, and Sami and looking at the roofs around them to see where he could have gone.

And then, Daryl calmed down, wrapped up the hand in a handkerchief, and shoved it in Glenn's bag.

Sami saw Glenn's disgusted face and laughed.

 "Yeah, now you understand shit." Daryl muttered, looking at the blood on the ground. "He must've used a tourniquet, maybe his belt. Be much more blood if he didn't."

"La sangre conduce a una puerta de allí, no sé qué hay más adelante." Sami walked forward, knife in hand, to a door nearby, where the blood trail lead, Daryl following.

Inside lead to a staircase. Sami and Daryl went at the front, the others following as they descended, leading to a reception desk, two dead walkers laying there.

"Had enough in him to take out these two sons of bitches." Daryl said, loading a bolt in his crossbow. "Toughest guy I met, my brother. Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails."

"Still a lot of blood, we've got to be quick." Taylor said, looking down the nearby door. "Only so much in a body."

Daryl followed her down, looking around the small kitchen space. "Merle!"

"We're not alone here." Rick hissed. "Remember that."

"Screw that. We got the Terminator." He clapped a hand on Sami's shoulder as he stood beside him. "He'll run at them first."

Taylor sniffed, walking over to a nearby stove. "Well, he isn't bleeding out, if he did this right."

The stove was on. Merle having probably burnt the wound shut.

Glenn looked like he was going to puke, and held a hand up to Sami as he chuckled again.

"Stop."

He chuckled anyway. 

"Told you he's tough," Daryl looked at Taylor, who was looking at the blood and skin on the counters and press. "No one can kill Merle but Merle."

"And he broke out." Taylor pointed to the broken window behind him.

"He left the building?" Glenn asked, as they all made their way over. "Why the hell would he do that?"

"He's out there alone, as far as he knows." Daryl said. "Doing what he's gotta do. Survivin'."

"Considering he may pass out in the streets from blood loss, it's not that smart a move." Taylor looked out the window at the fire escape. "Should give his body time to fix up."

"What, like you sorry pricks did on the roof?"

They went quiet, though not Sami, since he didn't know what they were saying.

"Uh, guns." He said, looking out the window. "Then look."

Daryl looked at him for a minute. "Gives us a chance to save him."

Sami looked at him for a moment, before nodding. He once again hoped they were talking about the same thing.

And so, they hatched a plan.