066: ɪᴛ ʜᴀꜱ ᴛᴏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢ, ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ

●~●~●~●~●

The Saviors were on their way. The horns alerting the Hilltop.

They sprung into action, already having plans for where to go and what to do. Sami still didn't want to leave Judith, and having her and the others children right here, in the heart of the battle, made him uneasy to say the least. But he hoped it might make him a little better at fighting.

He found himself beside Maggie that night, waiting for the Saviors, out on the porch, watching their men braced behind cars by the gate. they knew the Saviors would probably burst through them anyway, so kept their distance to make sure people weren't hurt by it.

Jerry alerted them from the lookout by the gate. He'd seen their lights.

Maggie held onto Sami's wrist. "Here we go."

Their trucks, which he could hear outside the gate, wouldn't make it close. They'd put tire-popper-things that Sami didn't know the name of on the roads, so the cars wouldn't make it close enough. 

Sami lifted the walkie from his waist. "Do you wanna talk to them?"

She waved her hand. "We both want the same thing."

Sami raised it to his mouth. "I want to talk to Negan."

"Well, hello there. You are speaking to Negan, but my birth certificate says 'Simon'. With whom do I have the distinct displeasure of speaking to?"

"Sami Garrido. The one you lot took from Alexandria."

"Ah, well, hello again, Punching bag." He chuckled, though Sami didn't get what was funny. He'd gotten away. he was still walking. And talking, so obviously they didn't do very well with their punching, though he was still in pain. Shouldn't they have broken a few bones to be smug? "Allow me to offer my condolences. For what's happened. And what's about to happen. Incase it isn't plain as Hilltop potatoes, yours truly is speaking on behalf of Negan this go around. And I can assure you the man himself personally received your care package next day delivery. I noticed it was the box-"

"Okay, okay, Sami says calm down and shut up, Simon. Those 38 people of yours?" Sami spoke as the group of Saviors he and Jesus had taken gathered around him. "Got my dog on them now, darling boy, so if you don't turn around and leave right now, I will tell him to attack, and you'll hear it."

Maggie took the walkie, holding it up to Alden, one of the Saviors, mouths. 

"It's too nice a night to spend it dyin' slow, don't you think, Simon?" He said into it.

He was right. Unless outside the walls, Apollo took people out slowly. If they were unarmed, slower still. He was quite a cruel dog. But he also loved teddy bears and chin scratches, so he wasn't a bad dog.

Sami took the walkie back. "How's out night gonna go, Simon? Long? Or short?"

"Well, Sami Ga-ree- do!" He over pronounced his name mockingly. "This is highly regrettable, but the way I see it, the Saviors your in possession of there are damaged goods. They've got themselves into their own pickle. And this organization prices those who 'a', avoid capture. And 'b': figure out their own shit when said outcome eventuates. Which in the end is my way of saying screw them."

Gregory, who Sami hadn't realized was right at his side, spoke. "Did you really think that cockamamie play would work?"

Sami stared at him, stepping away from him and closer to Maggie, not knowing what 'cockamamie' meant. Was is a breed of dog? It sounded like an English breed of dog.

"It will." Maggie said, and their plan was set in action.

they heard Daryl return, and Rachel pushed her way out of the house at the sound of the bike, seeing Daryl shoot Saviors, and speed through the now open gate, the cars of the Saviors speeding in after him, only to crash into a bus that drove out in front of them.