055: ꜱᴇɴᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴛᴏ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀᴍᴏʀᴇ

●~●~●~●~●

"I just think someone of your experience would be needed." Eugene said, standing at the gate as Rosita walked over.

Sami looked at him, arms crossed. "What experience? I'll have you know I was best at teaching literature."

"Not that experience."

He looked at him for a moment, raising his eyebrow. "You're scared of Rosita, aren't you?"

"Yes. And I don't think she's ever gotten mad at you-"

"She's mad at me now."

"She's mad at everyone now."

"Yeah, but, apparently . . . " Sami trailed off as he realized he couldn't tell Eugene that Rosita was pissed at him, apparently, for not hooking up with her, and was bombarded with a whole pot of emotions when the person who came to mind who he could talk to about it was Abraham or Glenn. Both had spoken to him about their partners in way too much detail. Maybe they would have known why Rosita was mad at him.

He thought maybe things would be different with him and Rosita if he could talk to someone about her. Ask for advice. Hear really bad advice, and then work out the answer himself.

But then, thinking of who he'd go to next, no one came to mind. No one he could really speak to about it, anyway. 

"Are you going to continue?" Eugene asked. "Or are you just gonna stand there like a goldfish?"

Sami shook his head. "She's mad at me."

"I am." Rosita stopped beside them. "But not the same as I am at you, Eugene."

"I don't understand why I'm-" Eugene started.

"What'd he do?" Sami looked at Rosita, as a car pulled up beside them.

"Wants to find stuff for Negan." She said.

"Yeah, Eugene, her reason for being pissed at you is clear as . . . something clear. I'm pissed at you for that, too."

"You're not going out to find stuff for the Saviors?" Spencer asked, looking at them from the car he'd driven up to them in, Gabriel in the passenger seat. 

Rosita scoffed at him, and looked at Sami. "You can come. We're not talking, though."

"There's not fighting it, Rosita." Spencer continued, as Sami unlocked the gate.

Gabriel's head popped out from the car. "Perhaps we should all travel together."

"No." Sami shook his head. 

"I'm down." Eugene said. "We come across a haystack, five POVs could draw out whatever we're looking for."

"Sami already answered." Rosita pushed the second gate open as Sami got the sheet out of the way. 

"I know you don't like it, and you don't want to hear it from me," Spencer walked up to her. "But we gotta produce for them. It's like taxes."

Sami bit his tongue, standing behind Spencer, waiting for Rosita to leave so he could follow, as she ignored Spencer.

"Hey."

She ignored him still.

"Hey!"

She sighed, looking at him. 

"You can keep acting pissed at me, but I didn't do this." He stepped back, pointing to Sami, who was just leaning against the fence, just waiting, arms and ankles crossed "He did."