060: ᴡᴇ'ʟʟ ꜰɪɴᴅ ᴏᴜʀ ᴡᴀʏ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ

●~●~●~●~●

"Just need a clear shot, right, Diane?" Morgan asked.

Sami shook his head. "I've got it."

They were back at the radio station. Groups had been sent out to every Savior lookout they knew, which was all of them, and were taking them out. Sami had been sent to the radio station with a group, that included Morgan, Tara, Jesus and Diane of the Kingdom. 

The Saviors had built a fence around the building, now, walkers within, creating a moat to keep people out, which was a problem. The plan was to be quiet. Get Diane to shoot the guards with her bow, and head in. With walkers in the way, it'd be difficult, to say the least.

Sami looked at Diane. "Can I borrow your bow?"

She nodded, handing him two arrows and a bow, though she looked confused. "What're you gonna do?"

"Need a vantage point." He looked around at the trees surrounding them. There was a younger one that if he was careful, he could climb to get to the lowest branch of the older ones. 

Sami put the bow over his shoulder, and the arrows into his bag. "Get ready."

"They fire a gun, they see us, we're not getting in." Jesus said, watching as Sami began climbing the smaller tree.

"Don't worry, I'll get us in anyway." Sami was in agony, using his muscles, but managed to pull himself up onto the older tree, grunting. "Just get ready."

"I'll stay here, dude." Tara stayed standing beneath him, as Apollo ran after the others. The plan was for him to stay outside and bark if anything came close. "Think landing on me will be enough to break your fall? And do you even know how to fire an arrow?"

"I ever tell you I was a Scout leader?" He asked, as he continued climbing, trying to keep the trunk between him and the station. 

"No. That's sick."

"I climbed trees to scare the other leader I was with." He grunted, hauling himself up onto a branch. He looked down, seeing he was above the fence, and could see the guards pretty easily. "Right. Quiet."

He put one leg on each side of the thick branch, sitting upon it as he took the bow off his shoulder, and knocked an arrow.

Sami used his finger to keep the arrow steady, as he pulled it back, exauating his posture so he didn't hit his face on the trunk, the string shaking slightly with the tension, but Sami steadied his hand.

He only had one shot at this. Yes, he had two arrows. But he couldn't knock another in time, not with the two guards walking side by side.

The taller guard was closer to him, which was good. So, waiting as they walked their laps around the yard, he watched, holding the position, his shoulder and back begin to hurt.

Until they got in the perfect spot.

Sami took a breath, and let the arrow fly.

It worked perfectly. The bow that Diane had given him was a long bow, which usually had more to it than the average bow, meaning it sent the arrow hurling through the air, down and through the first guy's skull, before coming out and embedding itself in the seconds.

The two bodies fell silently to the ground.

"Holy shit." Tara muttered, as Sami began to climb down. "that was insane."

"Yeah, I leant when I was . . . what, seven?" He dropped down, sending shock up through his leg and making him yelp quietly. "Sorry. I needed to stop you from thinking I was cool."