045: ʟᴀꜱᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴅꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ꜱʜᴏᴏᴛɪɴɢ ꜱᴛᴀʀ

●~●~●~●~●

"Sami!" 

Rosita's voice roared over the walkers, and a machete landed at his feet, as he kicked a walker off of him. He didn't know where Rosita was, and it was distracting him. He'd seen Danny with Rick before, but Rosita was right behind him and he lost her. 

He grabbed the machete, and sliced the head off three walkers right in front of him, kicking another away, as he ran towards the buildings.

"Rick? Rick, do you copy? Anybody?"

Daryl's voice came from a walkie on the ground, which Sami grabbed, slicing another walker's head in half.

"Daryl? Daryl, is that -" He kicked a walker, stepping on it's head. "That you?"

"The hell is goin' on there?" Daryl's voice came through. "Hard enough to understand your fuckin' accent on walkie."

"No- ¡brusco!" Sami kicked a walker in the stomach as it grabbed his shirt, ripping hte bottom of it. "Walkers are in-"

He was knocked to the ground by a walker that dived on him as another grabbed the back of his shirt. He was too distracted. Too tired. His muscles already hurt. 

The walkie fell to the ground, as Sami pulled his knees up, pushing the walker off him a bit as he reached up to stab the one he landed on.

A bullet shot through the walkers head, making it fall on him.

"Sami!" Rostia pushed the walker off him, grabbing his hand and pulling him to this feet, Tara beside her.

"Come on, come on, in here!" Tara ran to a garage, which they pulled the door down to right as the walkers caught up, slamming their hands against it, Eugene sitting inside.

Sami stood there for a moment, as the door slammed shut, before Apollo ran over to him, licking his hands.

"Oh, Hola corazón." He smiled sleepily as he sat, crossed legged on the floor, rubbing Apollo's face.

"You okay?" Tara asked, looking at him. "You hurt?"

He shook his head, but then let out a hiss of pain as Apollo licked his head. "Ow. Something there."

"I cannot put him down if he gets back up." Eugene backed away from Sami. "I repeat, I will not put him down."

Rosita sighed, annoyed, and pushed Sami's hair carefully out of the way, looking at his head, as Sami stopped rubbing Apollo and looked at her. "It was Tara's bullet. If it doesn't close soon . . . "

She got up, and sat at a table nearby as Sami realized they were in the classroom, and Tara looked at him.

"You mean the bullet that went through a walker?" Tara asked.

Rosita nodded. "Yep."

"It went through Sami?"

"Yep."

"Could he get infected?"

She shrugged, glaring at the table in front of her.

Sami flicked his hand, as he began rubbing Apollo. "I'll be fine."

"You might not be. I mean, seriously, you might not be, Sami."

"I will be." Honestly, he wasn't really worried about dying. Maybe he'd cry about it in the end, but no one would miss him that much. So he didn't care. "You guys see anything? Anything good?"

Tara began pacing. "We saw people get into their houses. Most of them."

Sami stood, trying to see if he could see out of the garage door, but it was covered in walker hands, so he sighed, making his way over to the far side of the room, and sitting on the floor. He really wasn't feeling good.