062: ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ

●~●~●~●~●

The metal clanging sounded from the gate, as Apollo looked at Sami, a questioning look on his face.

"You may be wondering why the hell your lookouts didn't sounds the alarm." Negan's voice echoed from the other side of the gate, lights shining from his cars in the dark. "See, we are polite. I don't know when they're going to wake up from that kinda shot, but they should wake up. So, let's just cut through the cow shit - you lose. It's over. So, you're gonna line up in front of your little houses, and you're gonna work up some apologies, and then the person with the lamest one is gonna get killed. Then I kill Rick and Sami in front of everybody, and we move on. You have three - count 'em, three minutes to open this gate, or we start bombing the shit outta you."

He began whistling.

"Sami!"

Carl's voice came through Sami's foggy thoughts, making him look at him, standing near a car, a few people around him. Sami saw the look on his face - determination.

"What do you need me to do?" Sami awaited orders.

Carl ordered everyone around - making it look like they were escaping out the back, cutting the lights half way to the quarry, while a group of ithers took off with Apollo to gather everyone.

"Carl, we can't just let them have this place." Michonne said angerily.

"We can. All we need to do is survive tonight. This is my show, Sami said it. And he was fine leaving the prison if it kept everyone alive. Well, I am, too." 

Sami lead the groups through the houses, rounding everyone up, and sending them down into the sewers.

People listened instantly, only grabbing one or two things before taking a gun offered by Tobin and joining the group. Sami got Judith, putting her on his back.

But it wasn't long before the bombs began to fall.

Sami took the children, injured and others to the sewer grate, while Tobin and the others grabbed the last few people. 

"Got her."  Barbra, the usual babysitter, took one of the chilren Sami passed down to her. "Come on, get it."

"No, no, no." He picked up A[pollo, who let out a confused whine, obviously wanting to fight. "Take him, tell him too look after Judith."

Barbra glared at him. "Don't run off."

"I'm looking after Carl. Can't leave him out here, no matter how big and bossy he's gotten, he's still my kid. A kid, sorry. He's a kid." 

Tobin ran over, a large group behind him. "That's everyone."

"Then go. It's going to be a long night. You've got Apollo, he'll let you know if any humans or walkers are nearby."

"How do we know which is which?"

"Uh, he growls at humans, just attacks walkers."

With that, he ran off.

Alexandria was in flames, but he tried not to think about it. It was just a place. There was nothing special about it. His people were what made this place, not the stones.

He saw Sinead's old house on fire, somehow an orange blanket sat on the banisters of the porch, untouched.

"Gracias, Papa." He lifted the worn cross on his wrist, kissing it. "Por favor protege a carl."

The explosions stopped for a while, and he could hear voices, metal and cars. The Saviors were inside. Here's to hoping they believed everyone got away, and Sami was just slow, doomed, or like a caption on his ship. Or, better yet, they don't find him.