016: ᴏɴᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴅᴀʏ

mostly just a filler so short, next chapter out at the same time :)

●~●~●~●~●

Carol patched Sami's arm, and though it still hurt, it wasn't going to get infected, now. He helped the next morning with driving the cars, using them to move the large turned over bus, so the road was clear, and organizing where to park them so they'd be hidden but still easy to get to. 

He climbed out of the car, yawning.

Carol chuckled. "That exhausting, Sami?"

"Coffee was a bad invention. I can't get by without it."

"We need to load up these bodies." Rick was saying, as he walked over, looking at the walker bodies around the yard. "Then we can burn them. Clean the place up a bit."

"Could use some more help." Carol said. "Where's Glenn and Maggie?"

"Up in the guard tower." Daryl pointed to the guard tower near the cell block.

Rick looked up at it. "Guard tower? They were just up there last night."

Sami chuckled. "Glenn! Maggie!"

The door of the guard tower opened, Glenn's messy head appearing, pulling on his pants, Maggie's silloette behind him. "Hey, what's up, guys?"

"You coming?" Daryl yelled, as the others laughed.

"What?"

"You comin'?"

"Yeah! I'll be right down!"

He vanished, and the others laughed.

"Hey, Rick." T-Dog pointed to the main buildings, where Axel and Oscar were walking out.

Rick smile fell. "Carol and Sami, stay on this. You two, with me."

Ten minutes later, when Sami had carefully wheeled Daryl's bike into the yard, the others were back down, talking about Axel and Oscar joining the group.

". . . They'll just be waitin' for a moment to grab our weapons." Rick was saying to T-Dog, as Sami walked over. "You wanna go back to sleeping with one eye open?"

"I never stopped. Bring them into the fold. If we send them off packing, we might as well execute them ourselves."

"I don't know." Glenn sighed. "Axel seems a little unstable."

Carol crossed her arms. "After all we've been through? We've fought so hard for all this, what if they decide to take it?"

"It's just been us for so long." Maggie said. "They're strangers. I don't . . . it feels strange all of a sudden having new people around."

"You brought us in." T-Dog put his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah, but you showed up with a shot boy in your arms. Didn't give us a choice."

Sami sighed. "They hardly understand walkers."

"They're convicts, bottom line." Carol said.

"Those two might actually have less blood on their hands than we do." T-Dog countered.

"I get guys like this." Daryl said. "Hell, I grew up with them. They're degenerates, but they ain't psychos. I could have been in there with them just as easy as I'm out here with you."

"So, you're with me?"

"Hell no. Hate that guy. Let them take their chances out on the road."

"What I'm saying, Daryl-"