101: ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ꜱʜᴀʀᴘᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴋɴɪꜰᴇ

●~●~●~●~●

Gabriel and the rest of the council (that were left) helped organize the rescue. Mary pointed it all out on the map, and any counter that Rosita could come up with Mary had a solution for.

"So," Gabriel spoke rather lightly after Mary was taken by armed guard back to her cell. "Two rescue parties. Rosita and I can take the first-"

She scoffed. "We don't know if any of this is real."

"Don't we?" Scott looked at Sami. "You said you were sure she wasn't lying."

"I am. But, Rosita's right, we can't just trust anymore, we gotta be careful." Sami shrugged. "Same as with Dwight."

"You all are hesitating because you're afraid of them, right?" Gabriel questioned. "You shouldn't be. That's why I brought her in here. So, you could see."

"See what?" Laura asked.

"That they're cowards. We broke her. Completely. And if we can break her, we can break others. If you come across one of them, keep them alive. Start pulling teeth and taking fingers, get information, because we now know the more pain and fear you pour over them, the sooner they drop the act, which is what it is."

They stood in silence for a moment, before Sami lifted his eyebrow. 

"Okay." He leaned on the table. "If any of you come home with a necklace of teeth or a drum made from a tum, I will lock you up in that cell. If this was all an act, we would've won this war a long time ago, but it's not an act. These people are completely fucked in the head. That girl? Mary? She broke herself. No one kills their sibling and moves on."

"We-"

"No." Sami glared at Gabriel. "She did this. Everyone keeps a clear head, you kill who you kill. I'll stay here, make sure things stay running, counter attacks, keep people alive, it's what I did for Rick. The rest of you, choose who's going where. Keep us alive. We won't get information unless one of them come knocking, like she did. Alright?"

Laura nodded. "I'll round up a crew."

"I'll go with Gabriel." Scott said, pointing to the map. "We'll take this side, Laura you come in from here."

"We can cover this entrances, but avoid those?" She glanced at Sami.

He nodded. "That's what Mary said. Too heavily guarded. But the others may have more now, too, since they know where they are."

Soon, the groups were organizing where they were going. Gabriel decided to take one on his own, even though Sami said he shouldn't, but just like with Michonne, no one listened to him. 

It was strange, now that he thought about it. With everything happening, he didn't think of Michonne much. but Judith had come back the day before without her. She said she was helping someone out. It was just weird not having her pissing him off on the side. Which was even weirder, now that he thought about it. Michonne used to be his best friend. Was she not anymore?

Laura decided to stay behind, too, and help Sami with the defenses, saying he shouldn't do it on his own.

"Thanks." He smiled, as the others pulled their armor on. "No one's ever said that, actually."

"You're a Dad now, Sami." She squinted as she smiled at him, the afternoon sun in her eyes. "You gotta work on surviving things. And you don't want to be absent."

"Kill me if I'm ever an absent father."

Rosita was jumpy. She hadn't been out of Alexandria since she had Coco, and since losing Siddiq she seemed to feel weak, like things were bound to attack her and she wouldn't make it out, no matter what he told her.