056: ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀʟᴇꜱꜱ

●~●~●~●~●

Whenever Danny wasn't with Sami, he felt he got to know him better.

In the Sanctuary, Danny didn't care for himself. Only what Negan and Grace would do to Sami and Daryl. He didn't care if Negan killed him. Or maybe he would have if he threatened to kill him.

Now, with Sami taken, Danny had to keep busy, so he was going around with Enid in the Hilltop, informing the residents of the plan that the group had come up with. The two communities joining, fighting the Saviors. 

After what Danny had seen of Gregory, he knew he wasn't going to help. So, he asked Enid to help him inform the people of the idea. Who said they needed Gregory? Sami always asked his people what they wanted, gave them choices. So, Danny would do the same here.

Rick sent Michonne back to Alexandria with Rachel - if she was missing, the Saviors would know she was with Daryl, and they had to prepare.

Danny stayed in Hilltop, since they were looking for him, too, while the rest went out to meet King Ezekiel of the Kingdom, another community under Negan's thumb.

But within two hours, they were back in Alexandria, the Saviors on their tail, though without realizing it.

But it wasn't Negan or Grace. It was Simon, their right hand man, and a huge group of people, that went around pretty much just breaking everything. They weren't even looking for Daryl - just knocking over shelfs, breaking plates. 

But they, too, were gone after an hour or so of not finding anything.

But Rick and the others left not long after, looking for Gabriel, who went missing, finding a large group living in the dump, that Rick then spent about a week trying to convince them to join them in their fight.

Rachel felt too much was happening too quickly. She just wanted to be with Daryl. Kill Negan, and go back to how things were. 

She really missed everyone.

Danny helped the Hilltop train, teaching them the fighting techniques that Sami taught him, which helped a lot, considering they didn't have any guns, only spears and such, the blacksmiths making Danny a sword, which he honestly adored. It made him feel cool. And older, for some reason. 

Maggie was doing okay. It seemed she was putting everything into defeating Negan, so she was okay. Danny wasn't sure how she'd be after he was dead. He wondered how he would be after Negan was dead.

Sasha was angry, but controlled it. She asked Danny almost too many details about the Sanctuary, learning sign language to make it easier, though it wa still tough, since she had to refer to their book all the time, but she refused to read notes he gave her. 

Enid was helping Danny, a lot. Honestly, just by being there. It made him not feel as much of a burden, since she was around his age and not a burden, so why would he be? And, they were helping out just as much as each other, just as useful as any adult. But Danny still felt like he wasn't enough.

Daryl kept mostly to himself. He didn't stay in the same trailer. He didn't say much. He wasn't even seen very often.

Danny usually sat at the graves late at night, when everyone was asleep, and thought of Abraham and Glenn. He missed their faces. He missed when Abraham would just scribble 'words' on a piece of paper and expect Danny to understand it. He missed seeing how happy Sami was when he was talking to Glenn. He missed 'Glenn and Maggie.'

He wondered what it was like to love someone like that, and wondered if he ever would. He loved his family, his people. It hurt to not see them, in life or death. But he wondered what that other love was like. What made it different? How could you tell the difference? How could people just not fall in love with everyone? And why did some people just not fall in love with someone because they were a boy or girl? Did they just ignore if they loved someone of the gender they said they didn't like? Or did they naturally just not like them?