100: ɪ'ʟʟ ᴛᴇʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍʏ ꜱɪɴꜱ

●~●~●~●~●

Sami sat on his bed, legs crossed, with Coco sitting in front of him. He'd gotten the gash on his chest stitched, and sat in his pajama pants and a bandage around his chest. 

Coco was in her pajamas, holding her bunny plush in her hand. Sami's own hand was behind her, holding her up, since she couldn't do so very well, yet, but she was getting there. She was currently slamming the bunny into Sami's socked foot, which was in front of her, and laughing hysterically.

Rosita was asleep beside them, covers pulled up to her chin, as Sami had tucked her in. She hadn't been sleeping well, now, either. 

Coco slammed the bunny into his foot, and laughed. 

"I think you're a little serial killer." Sami said, yawning. "Gonna grow up to kill me or something."

She just did it again and laughed.

He looked at the time. He still had another hour to be up and doing his rounds. No one expected him for another hour.

So, he lifted Coco so he was laying sideways on the bed, Coco now laying between him and Rosita, but with plenty of space, since Sami was practically falling off the bed to give the two of them enough space.

She was now slamming the rabbit into his face.

"Thanks. Told you you're going to kill me."

She laughed like it was the most hilarious thing she'd ever heard, then hit him with the bunny again.

"No, Papa's going to sleep." He closed his eyes, but kept his hand on Coco just to keep track of her. "He's sleeping."

She made a noise, and stopped playing with the rabbit, looking at him.

"Yeah, he's sleeping.'

She looked from him on one side, to Rosita on the other side, looking confused, before she grabbed his nose. Not roughly, but just kind of held it.

"Is there a reason for that?"

But she'd moved on from Mami and Papi being asleep, and moved onto what the fuck is a nose? What is it? Why does it look like that? Can i pull it off his face?

"Ow! Don't yank my nose, Coco."

"Sami? Sami, do you copy?"

As Coco burst out laughing again, grabbing her own feet, Sami reached over Rosita to get the walkie from the bedside table. 

"Yes, Gabe? What is it?"

"That Whisperer Aaron was talking to, Mary, is here. You should come."

"Give me . . . ten minutes. Gotta get Coco sorted."

"Alright. I'll put her in the cell."

Sami sighed, putting the walkie down on his bedside table. "Ready for work, Coco?"

She tried to say something, but it sounded more like a squeak.

"Yeah, it's early, but-"

Rosita suddenly woke, gasping, looking wildly around the room, before calming as her eyes fell on Sami and Coco, her hand going to her forehead.

"You okay?" He asked.

She sighed. "I'm fine."

It was a stupid thing to ask. She'd been doing badly since Siddiq died. But Sami couldn't make her talk about it. She knew he was there, for anything. She'd talk to him if thats what she need.

"Want to look after Cokes? Gabriel said-"

"No." She sat up, sighing deeply. "You can look after her."

"I don't know if she should be-"

"She's with you, she'll be fine." She put a hand on Coco's head, before kissing Sami's cheek, and heading into the bathroom.

And so, ten minutes later, he made his way to the cells with Coco. It was funny. With Apollo not there, he'd been missing him at first, and still was, but he talked to Coco like she was Apollo, and with how often he'd carry that dog around, carrying Coco all day meant next to nothing.

Rosita ended up going with him, after he told her about the whisperer, and Gabriel was outside his door to fill him in - Mary said that the group who went out after the hoard were in trouble. Stuck in a cave system, where Alpha had moved the horde. Said she could point it out on a map. 

She was a red head, Sami noticed, as she sat up in the cell and wiped her bloody nose that someone had punched. It was strange, seeing someone else in his mother's cell.

"That's from the last whisperer we had in here." Rosita said, as the girl, Mary, looked down at the blood on the ground.

"You killed him?"

"No. Red head in the caves did before we could." Sami said. 

"He was the one your people sent to spy on us," Rosita continued. "He killed one of ours two days ago."

"I don't know anything about that."

"Right, never heard of him."

"I haven't. I don't  . . . " She sighed.

"Stop telling us what you don't know, and tell us something you do." Sami glanced at Coco, who was just outside the door to the cells, on a mat, now smashing the bunny into her own foot. She looked up at Sami and laughed again. He had to stop himself from laughing with her. He was supposed to look tough.

"Do you-"

"Look, it's simple." He interrupted her. If she spoke a word about Coco, he'd have to rip her tongue out, no matter what she said. "You need to work out how to convince us you're not like Alpha's people. That you're alive. That you . . . have morals. That you're human."

"And if I can't?"

"Then you die. No torture, no games. No second chances." Rosita crossed her arms.

Mary leaned against the bed. "All's I've done is tell you the truth."

"nope. We've got a priest. He's heard a lot of confessions. He knows when people are lying. When they're holding something back. He says you are. About the mother of the baby your people left at Hilltop." Sami said. "It's a perfect story, tugs at the heart, all that. But you're holding something back. Which makes the whole thing . . . " He flicked his hand. "Like illegally obtained evidence. Useless."

"What about you?" She looked at the rosary beads on his wrist. "Why don't you ask God if I'm lying?"

"God wants me to do good. Good is protecting my people, which would mean hanging you on a pole out the front of the gate to starve so your people can see it."

She pulled her knees to her chest, and Sami tried to think about how he actually felt. Honestly, he didn't care for her. No matter what she or Aaron said, she was with Alpha. She should be dead, but right now she could be telling the truth. Which meant that Daryl and Rachel adn the others might need help. 

"I, uh . . . I killed my sister. I killed my sister. I, uh . . . I killed . . . I killed her for Alpha. She didn't even have to ask. I just did it."

At first, with her voice breaking, Sami felt bad for her. But then, he thought of Danny. And he wanted to kill the woman all over again. No matter what Sami was put through, he'd never hurt Danny. This woman wasn't even asked.

"Believe me now?"

Sami looked at Rosita, who nodded once.

"Then you should get me a map."