090: ɴᴇᴄᴋʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴏꜰ ʀᴏᴘᴇ, ꜱɪᴅᴇ ʙʏ ꜱɪᴅᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ

MENTONS OF SUICIDE AND SELF HARM

●~●~●~●~●

Sami's nightmares were getting worse. 

He'd stopped sleeping all together. He'd go to bed, lay there until Rosita fell asleep, then get up and try distract himself around the community. 

Some nights, he would sit by the lake, just thinking. Other nights, he'd go out beyond the walls, kill as many walkers as he could. He'd shower, put his blood soaked clothes back in the wash, and climb back into bed like he'd been there all night. 

Rosita only noticed a few times. She turned over a few nights and found he wasn't there, and would go out looking for him. Other times, Coco woke up crying, and woke up Rosita, who'd see Sami was gone with his machete. 

But even then, the nightmares caught up to him. 

Enid screaming.

Henry calling for his mother. 

Tara's choked sobs as her neck wouldn't break.

They made him hit the walkers he found harder. Sometimes well beyond any resemblance of a human.

With the nightmares, came a sickness. He wasn't sure what it was. His face looked funny somedays, Rosita had pointed it out, too. His stomach hurt, all the time. He'd been losing weight, but he thought it was probably just because he wasn't doing well since the barn. He had to be careful, standing and sitting, so he wasn't too quick, or his head would spin. It happened if he swung to hard at walkers sometimes, too.

He hadn't had all things at once, but he always had something. He'd learnt to just ignore it.

But he'd been reading medicine books, trying to work out what it was. Siddiq had said nothing was wrong with him. But he wasn't sure. 

For Rachel, she'd been staying in Michonne's house. 

Daryl had been, too. They were working out what it was like, living there again. She liked it, compared to when they first got to Alexandria. She used to sneak out after Daryl all the time, hating being inside the walls. People looked at her funny, treated her like such a little kid. She hated it.

But now, she was Daryl's kid. People listened to her. They respected her, in a way. She didn't speak much, but she was listened to, sometimes. And she had Lydia. 

She'd been helping Lydia with reading and such, since she was embarrassed to go to school, in a way. Rachel read lots of books to her, teaching her how to read as they went. At the moment, they were reading 'Little Women'. 

Danny, on the other hand, was helping Magna run Hilltop. 

Things had been pretty messy, with food, medicine, other stuff going missing. Someone was stealing it, it wasn't the whisperers. And the people were still in mourning. 

For so many. Tammy Rose, Addy, Rodney, Jesus. 

And on top of that, was the people of the Kingdom. All mourning people, too, and a place. Their home. The idea of it.

Danny was sitting outside, smoking. He was tired. He'd done lots, and was tired. 

Apollo ran up to him in the cold night, sitting on the steps to the house with him.

Danny smiled at him, scratching his chin. 

Ezekiel suddenly burst out of building, jumping down the steps and running towards the wall.

Confused, Danny watched after him, until he saw the gigantic tree fall, breaking through the wall and falling on several trailers, sleeping families inside.