024: ꜱɪᴄᴋɴᴇꜱꜱ

●~●~●~●~●

Sami felt horrible, to say the least.

But Beth, strangely, hadn't even cried.

He guessed at some point, you stop crying. Still care, but crying just takes too much out of you.

He didn't sleep, but lay awake in his cell all night.

He went out, early, to the yard, watching the sun. Apollo followed him out, happily skipping through the grass in the yard, completely fine with the walkers on the other side of the fence.

No matter how many times people died, Sami still never knew how to deal with it. Even if he did deal with it, he felt that he was being to dethatched. He was just sick of losing people. Would it ever get to a point were they'd die like normal?

He hadn't noticed Apollo had run into the cell blocks until he ran out barking, and ran straight towards him, as loud gunshots rang from inside.

"Help! Help!" Two young girls ran out of the gate to the other cell blocks.

"What is it?" Sami ran over to her.

"Walkers! In our cell block."

"D!" Glenn ran towards the cell block, having just come out of C, and ran towards the gate, Sami following as he pulled his machete out of his pocket.

It was complete chaos.

Screaming, people running everywhere. A child lay on the floor, crying, Sami grabbing him and handing him to Karen, Tyreese's girlfriend, who was trying to organize people as he stabbed the walker in the head.

Another, with half it's face gone, rose behind him, and he kicked it backwards in the knee before turning around and sliding it's head in two.

Another walker, as Rick was organizing everyone, bit another man in the arm, who screamed, as Sami ran over and stabbed that walker in the head, as Carol brought the man into a cell to amputate his arm.

Something grabbed Sami's ankle, but before he could turn and kill it, Sasha stepped on it's head.

"You okay?" She questioned, looking at him.

He nodded.

"Are we clear down here?" Rick yelled, everyone alive now in their cells. "Are we safe?"

"Yeah!" Glenn shut one of the cell doors.

"Sami, up here!" Daryl climbed the stairs, and Sami followed him up to the second floor.

He made his way one way while Daryl went the other, hitting the cars of the cells to attract any walkers inside.

On the third, a walker popped out, grabbing Sami's wrists. His imediate response was to kick it in the crotch, but considering it was a walker it didn't work, so he pulled his leg up higher, pushing it against the walkers chest, holding it back.

"Sami!" Daryl shot an arrow, that went through the walkers head, and it dropped. "You okay?"

He nodded, looking at the body. It was just a kid.

"It's Patrick." Daryl walked over, looking at the body as Rick climbed the stairs. "That's all of them."

Sami walked forward, looking at the girl around his age, laying on the ground, dead, a chunk of her neck missing from Patrick, and pulled a small screwdriver out of his belt, lifting her head softly, and stabbing the screwdriver through the base of her skull and into her brain.

There were a lot of bodies like hers. And lots of people to mourn them.

The final walker was found was upstairs - locked in his cell. No wounds. No bites. Blood covering his mouth.