040: ꜱɪᴄᴋ ᴏꜰ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ

●~●~●~●~●

Rick almost beat a man to death while Sami was gone.

Apparently, he secretly had a gun, and attacked Jesse's husband because he was abusive. Sami was really confused. He really felt like he was thrown into a rushing river and didn't even notice he hit so many rocks because there were so fucking many.

They'd put Rick in the basement of one of the apartments after Michonne knocked him out. He'd been yelling, covered in blood, about taking over. It was a mess.

Sami needed something to do, so he waited, all night, for Rick to wake up. He wasn't going to sleep, anyway. He didn't like beds anymore.

Rick woke, early in the morning, and laughed. Sami wanted to jump off a cliff.

"What's so funny?" Sami asked from the chair he was sitting in.

Rick looked at him, not having seen him. "You've been here the whole time?"

"For the night, yeah. Why are you laughing?"

"It's . . . it's just like the train car. We just back at the start."

Sami sighed. "Rick, what the hell are you doing?"

He didn't say anything.

"Pete's in a different house, now. Why didn't you tell me anything?"

"It moved fast. And then Noah . . . seemed to really break you up."

Sami felt horrible that that's not what was messing him up.

"I couldn't tell you about the gun."

"Of course not." Sami sniggered.

"Oh, you wanted this place."

"I wanted my family to be safe. I saw it, Rick, you and Glenn and everyone else was losin' it. Eventually, you get to a point where you are constantly out there. Never alive, just surviving. I wasn't gonna just let that happen."

"well, we're here."

Glenn walked into the room, followed by Carol and Abraham, who shut the door behind himself.

"Where'd you get the gun?" Sami asked.

Rick didn't say anything.

"you took it, right? From the armory?" Carol questioned. "That was stupid. Why'd you do it?"

Sami scoffed, almost laughing, now, and reached his hand out to Carol. "Give me your gun, Carol."

"What?"

"I'm staying sitting, but I'll get Abraham to get it."

Abraham puffed out his chest, which Sami has learnt was his way of agreeing, normally. And Carol handed her gun to Sami. 

"So, why'd the two of you take guns?" 

"We can't be unarmed in here." Carol said.

"Yeah, and look where that got us."

"Deanna's planning a meeting tonight." Glenn said. 

Abraham looked at him. "To kick Rick out?"

"To try." Carol answered.

"We don't know that." Glenn said. "Maggie's with Deanna right now. She's going to find out what it is."

"At the meeting, say you were worried about someone being abused and no one was doing anything to stop it. You say you took a gun, just to protect Jesse from a man who wound up attacking you. Just tell them you'll do whatever they want you to do. Just tell them a story they want to hear. That's what I've been doing since I got here."