072: ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ'ꜱ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ꜰᴏʀᴄᴇ

●~●~●~●~●

Sami woke up really slow the next morning. 

He was beyond tired. And also wasn't excited to face everyone. He was getting very sick of them.

"We should just camp out on our own." He had been saying, at four o'clock that night, Rosita trying to sleep on his shoulder. "We should just . . . go. I mean, Maggie and Danny never come looking for me, so they'll be fine."

"Go to sleep." She had muttered, putting her hand over his face in an attempt to close his eyes.

"I wouldn't have to clean Rick's shit up." He yawned, taking her hand in his and away from his face. "I could just . . . I just think it'd be nice."

"You, me, and a tent? No, thank you. I've got a hard enough time getting you to sleep and up in the mornings."

He had been serious about it, though. He'd been thinking about it that morning, when she asked him to braid her hair. He half wanted to bring it up, but didn't. He wasn't sure why. He wasn't even sure why he wanted it. If he was always there for other people, why did he suddenly just want to be away from them all, with just Rosita and the woods? Maybe it was nowadays version of a trip to Europe.

He'd seen Eugene outside their tent again that morning, too, and he threw a shoe at him. Then got up, braided Rosita's hair like she wanted, and that was all they had time for before the Saviors showed up.

"You're pretty good." Rosita had been saying. She was sitting on a chair of a picnic bench, back to the table where Sami was sitting, foot on either side of her as he braided her hair. "Where'd you learn it? Have little sisters?"

He shrugged. "Don't know, actually. Just always knew how to do it. Oh, might've been because I used to do padawan braids in my hair as a kid."

She sniggered.

"There's nothing wrong with that." 

She leaned back, head against his stomach as she looked up at him, wrapping her hand around his left calf. "Come here, you nerd."

"Stop name calling me." He kissed her nose.

"Um, excuse me? What was that?" She glanced around them, hand on his right knee, where his hand met hers, holding her fingers. "No one's around. You don't have to be worried about being 'that guy.'"

He just looked at her for a moment. But before he could answer, there was yelling from the other side of camp. The pair got to their feet, running over.

But it was all just yelling, Saviors standing on one side, everyone else on the other. Sami walked around them, seeing the body of Justin in the back of a truck. He'd left the night before. 

One of the Saviors went for Gabriel, who pushed him back. 

Sami walked between the groups, Laura doing the same. "Came the hell down!"

A man ran at him, but Rosita grabbed him, grabbing him by the neck and swinging him back towards the Saviors.

But, it had already started, and the groups collided. 

Sami pulled people apart, Alden doing the same, managing to roar over the others. 

"Stop it!" He roared, and they stopped, listening. "we're gonna find out who did this, and we're going to make sure it never happens to us again, alright?"

"Us?" One of the Saviors questioned. "You're not one of us anymore."

"Us means all of us."

The man grabbed Alden's shoulder, and punched him across the face, a woman from Oceanside catching him.