092: ɪɴ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴜɴɪᴠᴇʀꜱᴇ

●~●~●~●~●

"You really think there's a place? For redemption for us?"

"For me, yeah. You?" Negan shook his head. 

"Oh, fuck you." Grace laughed, throwing the water cupped in her hands at him.

He ducked, but it hit the back of his head as he crouched by the creek. "Think about it. Sami can look at me. He talks to me. He hasn't looked at you since . . . that first night, I think?"

"He looked at me when he hit me."

"Yeah, there you go. Look at how tall Rachel is now, it must've been . . . five? Six years ago? Maybe more."

"Definitely more."

"Then Danny. Haven't seen him since you tried to kill yourself."

"Before that."

"Yep. See my point?"

She nodded, sighing. "well, you've had my back. I'll have yours."

"Gotcha!"

The voice made them jump, looking back to see Brandon, the man who'd been guarding them in Alexandria when they were picking shit and doing laundry.

"don't try anything," He held up a knife. It looked like it was from a kitchen.

Grace got to her feet, Negan doing the same. "One knife won't get both of us."

He laughed, dropping the knife. "I know, man. The look on your faces. Guys, seriously. I'm just messing with you."

He tossed a water bottle to them both. Negan caught his, but Grace let hers fall to the mud at her feet.

"You two are fast." Brandon seemed to happy to realize. "Took me forever to catch up."

Grace looked at the knife at his side. "Gimmie."

"Of course." He tossed the knife to her. It also fell in the mud, before she leaned down, picked it up, and walked away. 

She found a young tree, sawing off two branches. It took time, but her got it, before setting down on the ground, and began shaving it. 

Negan walked over a little while later. 'that for me?"

She nodded, and he took the second branch, now having his own knife, and a backpack, and he did the same as her.

"Where'd your fanboy-"

She was interrupted by off-key whistling. The tune the Saviors used to do.

"Was that it?" Brandon walked over, crouching beside them. "Did I get it? Nah, you two totally would've whistled back, right? My Dad, he used to tell me how, like, you and the Saviors would, like, whistle back and forth like that before-"

"You, uh, you say you had some granola or some shit?" Negan asked.

He grabbed a small bag from his backpack. "Sorry for the raisons. And the busted knife. I was kind of in a rush when I packed it all."

"I'm done." Grace stood, and grabbed an handful of granola from Negan, and began walking. Negan finished his weapon a few seconds later, following, Brandon scrambling to follow.

"Grace, Negan won't tell me - but how did you get out of that cell?" He questioned.

"But shoving a stick up your Mom's ass."

He sighed. "Alright, well, at least tell me what we're looking for."

"Some place safe." Negan said.