069: ᴡʜᴇɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪꜱ ɢᴏɴᴇ

●~●~●~●~●

Sami lead the group into the museum. Or whatever it was. He didn't know. He just did as he was told.

There were spider webs all around the entranceway, and as he tried to avoid them, he realized there would probably be way more of them as time went on. He hated that.

The receptionist growled, reaching out to them, but Sami stabbed her in the head, not bothering to look, and continued on.

The next room - large and circular- was filled with ruined, ripped tents and blood. But Sami looked at the paintings on the wall. He always loved painting.

"Y'all got your lists." Rick said, voice echoing. "Circle back here when you're done. Be safe."

Sami, and most of the others, continued on into the fine arts area, a large split staircase leading to the upper floors, glass floors making him uneasy.

Maggie stopped, smiling lightly. "This is gonna work."

"Don't speak too quickly. Or whatever the saying is." He said, looking down at the walkers below the glass floor. 

She shrugged, and walked across it to the stairs, the others following.

"Heads up!" Cindy, the leader of Oceanside warned, as a walker fell from one of the upper balconies, falling to the ground with a rather quiet splat, rot protruding from it's chest.

"Onward." The King said, as Daryl shot the walker in the head with an arrow. "We're figure it out."

Sami didn't have a list. He was just there as support, so followed Maggie, who filled him in on Hilltop.

"Weird of Gregory to call for an election." Sami said after she told him about him, glancing around the huge building for walkers. "I mean, maybe there's some big play for it."

"I don't know. He's bein' friendly. That's what's weird, really."

"The rebirth of democracy . . . by that guy." Michonne chuckled, walking alongside them, as she'd joined. "Who'd have thought?"

"More like the rebirth of manipulation." Sami looked at the metal things as they reached them. They were old farming tools, large, usually pulled by horse. "You sure your blacksmith can just . . . copy them?"

Maggie nodded. "We can send one to the Sanctuary. Try to fix things there."

"I'm glad you won your election." Michonne said, looking at the metal.

"I'm glad I grew up on a farm."

One of the main things? A wagon, that was being held upstairs.

They build a support, using rope, so that they all kept their distance taking it down. But the worst was at the end of the stairs, the glass floor, room filled with walkers below.

Sami went at the front. If he fell to the walkers, he had a better chance of survival. Same as it ued to be. Sami and his knives against the world. 

It took work, but they managed to get it down the stairs with only him and the wagon on the glass. Soon, both were off.

Maggie and Cindy got the plow or whatever it was, and Rick went back over to Daryl to get the canoe.

"No sudden moves." Rick said. "Just keep it going, nice and slow. "

Finally, it was just Sami and the King, grabbing some other big metal thing he was too lazy to remember the name of. 

But it didn't take long for the glass to break.