107: ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɴᴇᴇᴅꜱ ᴀ ꜰᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ

●~●~●~●~●

GRACE

Something Grace hated about Alpha was that she loved showing off to Negan.

She thought her one-liners were really intimidating. She thought she was intimidating. But she was forgetting she'd never killed one of their people. One of their friends. Thought, she may have, now.

Grace could hear her talking to Negan behind her. Her head was probably in the air. She was boasting. 'It is not a victory if I do not have everything I want.' Boo hoo, lady, calm down. She didn't do this. Walkers did. 

Grace was checking none of the bodies were her sons. She'd never felt anything for Sami, until he took Danny, then she loathed him. 

Danny . . . she didn't know if she ever felt anything for him, either, honestly. She'd been too out of it to even know how she got him in the first place. Why wasn't he left with his Dad? Or at a fire station? Was that love? Staying with someone and not knowing why?

But now, since leaving Alexandria on Red's orders, she found herself missing them. Like the idea of knowing they were out there, existing, and their lives were under threat actually . . . meant something to her. 

It was confusing. but in all honestly, and it took a long time to admit to herself, she was looking forward to when they killed Alpha. Not just because that bitch would be dead, but because maybe Sami might look at her. Maybe she could learn some things about him. Danny, too. Maybe they'd see - or think - she changed. Or wanted to change, and would help her. 

Or maybe she didn't deserve it. 

Alpha believed no one made it out of Hilltop. Grace hoped some had. Didn't Sami have a child now? He never spoke to her, but she heard things. She was a Grandma, but maybe the baby had died in there. 

"You thinking if he's dead?"

Sinead's voice mad her jump mentally, but she didn't show it.

She shrugged. "Guess we'll find out."

"I hope he's not dead." Sinead spoke, but Grace wasn't paying attention. She always smelt so bad, Sinead. Yeah, all the Whisperers did, but Sinead was something else. Negan made jokes that she slept in the poo piles on the edge of camp. 

"He'll just kill us all if he's not dead." Grace spoke truthfully. If they killed all these people, and not him, he would butcher the Whisperers. If he was like he was before.

"Not me." She shook her head. "He won't be able to kill me."

"What, cause you're old friends?" She scoffed. "I doubt it'll stop him."

"No. Because I'm the one person on this planet that he's truly frightened of." She smiled through her mask as Grace. "After everything he left me to, out there? I want to see his face when he sees me."

The knife of Grace's left felt heavy. She didn't like this girl. There was something off about her.

"Before our spy, Dante, stopped responding, he spoke of him and his wife. His daughter." Sinead nodded, looking back at the burning settlement. "Oh, I am going to ruin him."

She laughed.

SAMI

"We were together . . . but then the sickos . . . they pushed past . . . and her . . . her hand, it just . . . her hand slipped . . . "

Magna struggled to tell Sami of what happened in the cave. Days without sunlight. Only touch, scent and sound. Unable to sleep, unable to get away. Just constant groaning of walkers.