086: ꜱɴᴏᴡᴇᴅ ɪɴ

●~●~●~●~●

At Alexandria, the heaters had stopped working in Sami's house.

"They're both dead." Rosita sighed.

Sami walked past her and into the hall, grabbing three thick blankets he had from a winter a while ago that hit Danny hard, and places them on the table beside her. "There you go."

She looked at him as he sat down at a radio he'd pulled apart and was rewiring. "Could always keep each other warm." She tried.

He didn't even look at her, though the radio was easy for him, he could probably do it with his eyes closed. "The blankets are thick. And little lads here."

The door opened, making them both jump, and Eugene walked in, talking.

"I did the systems check on the state of the array, as you requested, and the solar panels are no bueno. Best bet is to go old school to keep toasty."

"I did tell you to work on some solar power storage." Sami said, still not looking up from the radio. "But you thought RPGs were more important. Aaron's house, uh, meeting room and Barbra's have large fireplaces, tell everyone to go there."

"We'll stock up on firewood, snuggle up, get cozy, ride it out." Rosita put a hand on Sami's shoulder, but he tensed up, standing up from his chair.

"I'll get Negan and Grace." He grabbed his bag from the table. "They'll freeze in the cells."

"I will go with you." Eugene said. "Make sure they don't try anything."

Sami looked at Rosita, trying to find what to say. But ended up just looking at the blankets. "Don't share them. They're just for you."

 ●~●~●~●~●

It had been hard, to say the least, since the barn. Sami couldn't think straight. He couldn't stand people touching him. It was similar to Sinead. He felt as broken as he had then. Like he should just suck it up and move on, but he never could. Human brains don't let you.

"I swear to God, I have memorized every square inch of this room. Including murderous Sami. We love murderous Sami."

Negan spoke in the old church, where he and a few others had gathered during the storm. It was dark out. they were tired and cold.

"Look, I get it's boring, but with Sami and Rosita's little baby popping in, it is not." Grace lay along the bench her and Negan were handcuffed to. "I mean, Sami's gonna be a dad, yet he's depressed as shit!"

"Language." Judith glared at her.

"Oh, right, shit. My bad."

"Sami, you're pretty and all, but you know who else is? Your baby Momma's doctor." Negan looked at Siddiq. "I mean, seriously, have you never wondered what goes on in those appointments? Wouldn't you have gotten her pregnant ages ago if it was your baby?"

"Hey, Judy, not so close to the window." Sami ignored him, as Judith walked over to the table he was sitting at with RJ. "During storms, windows are the weakest part of the house. So, if something falls, it'll go through the window before it goes through the wall. Which makes them dangerous."

"Oh." Her eyes lit up a little.

"Hey, you still worried about those mutts?" Grace looked at Judith.

"Daryl asked me to look after Dog while he helped the Kingdom get to Hilltop. And Apollo was with him. I don't know where they are." She said. 

"Does anyone else smell something?" Negan asked.

Siddiq rolled his eyes. "Can you stop being such an asshole?"