089: ᴡᴀᴠᴇꜱ

●~●~●~●~●

6.00AM
HOUR ONE

Sami woke up like he did every morning, and moved quietly out of the bed, careful not to wake Rosita, but pulled the covers high up on her, kidding the side of her head. She didn't wake, just made a noise.

He pulled on his leg, and got dressed before heading outside to the kitchen, making up breakfast for Coco. 

7.00AM
HOUR TWO

Sami rocked Coco lightly, humming to her, washing the hand that wasn't holding her in the sink, when he saw a spider on the window. It had made a small nest. 

He sighed, finishing washing his hands and flicking the water, a few drops landing on the web and making it shake, the spider recoiling. 

"NO! NO! NO! Please! SAMI!" Tara's screams echoed.

Sami turned away from the sink, taking a deep breath. "You're okay. You're okay. You're tough. You're tough."

8.00AM
HOUR THREE

"Quite a few clusters." Eugene told Sami, as he stood on the main lookout by the gate, raising binoculars to his eyes to look at the dozen or so walkers stumbling from the trees. "We don't know if it's the nasties, but I would say, given the facts of the mask and the method with which the undead are coming . . . well, they can't be ruled out."

Sami nodded, looking down at Laura and Gage talking nearby. "Hey, Laura? Gage? Mind heading out and taking out a few walkers?"

"On it." Laura nodded, Gage doing the same.

"Bring spears, keep your distance." Sami looked at the walkers through the binoculars again. "Watch their hands. Aim for the heads. We can check the bodies for masks after."

12.00PM
HOUR SIX

"You sure you're good to head out?" Sami asked Aaron, as his platoon gathered behind him to take out the increased number of walkers.

Aaron nodded. "I remember what it was like when I first had Gracie. You're better here. Anyway, you already know all that's going on. Better to keep someone informed running the show."

"Alright. You guys got your bows?" Sami looked at the back row, who nodded. "Alright, remember your drills. Listen to Aaron."

They all marched out a moment later, Gage and Laura making their way back inside.

"Any masks?" Sami asked.

Laura shook her head. "We checked, but we could be wrong."

"No, no. You did well. You, too, Gage, you're getting good." Sami pat his shoulder as the gates closed. "I say .. . shit, maybe clean up, get some food and rest. I don't like the sounds of this."

Laura nodded. "I agree. Something weird about it."

7.00PM
HOUR 13

"They're coming." Sami said, as he and Aaron made their way over to the group of people by the church door . "I've already gotten the barricades reinforced, and weapons in easy reach, not just here but around town."

Aaron nodded. "So, if they get in, we've got help."

"Yeah. Did it back at the prison, really helped."

"They keep coming from the direction of the border. Just . . . constant wave after wave."

"This is her." Carol said.